Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

04 Santa Fe Nocking Noise in Dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Default 04 Santa Fe Nocking Noise in Dash

I am really hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2004 Santa Fe that I purchased used about 3 months ago. Just recently there has been a very annoying knocking noise coming from the passenger side of the dash. The noise happens more often if I hit a bump in the road but sometimes all I have to do is back up to hear it. I have now taken my car to the dealer 3 times and the noise keeps coming back the next day. They said they have removed the dash three times and all the plastic in around the wheel well the last time and tightened and adjusted the strut and strut mounts.
The noise is definately coming from inside the vehicle in the dash.
Has anyone else experienced anything similiar to this? Can anyone give me some directions as to how to get into the dash?
The dealer has now basically told me that they have no idea as to why this keeps happening and I am now just going to have to live with it. I have a hard time believing this can't be fixed.

All help appreciated.