Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

09 Santa Fe Side mirrors/turn signals/brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Default 09 Santa Fe Side mirrors/turn signals/brakes

I have kind of a 3 pronged question

1) Are there any stock mirrors for the 09 Santa Fe that have the built in turn signal?

2) Any stock looking blind spot mirrors that go on the side mirrors?

3) Blinking third brake light, I know they make one for my Veloster, but I was wondering if anyone knew of one for the Santa Fe (OR if the one I got for my veloster will work on the Santa Fe)

We recently moved to Austin, and the traffic makes my wife uncomfortable, and she wants to have as much visibility and be as visible as possible with all the idiots texting and driving

Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 AM

I don't know about the lights availability but I doubt it. There is no wiring for the 3rd light at the roof for signals. Flashing replacement might be available if you add a flashing circuit.

I personally replace my rear signal lights with LED version and are much brighter and more easily seen. This caused the flash rate to double because of the low current draw which is fine for rear since LED are instant on/off and rear on comers are getting a lot more flashing.

I also have a CLASS III Curt hitch with the receiver and 2" ball setup. This give them Yahoo's something to tangle with if they're intent on bumping into you. If its night time you can add a DOT reflective strip that you see on some truck trailers. I had a RED/SILVER/RED section stuck onto the lower tail gate door of two other vehicles now sold. Its very bright at night and anyone remotely close gets a lot of reflection off them. Brighter than your tail lights.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tripplec
I don't know about the lights availability but I doubt it. There is no wiring for the 3rd light at the roof for signals. Flashing replacement might be available if you add a flashing circuit.

I personally replace my rear signal lights with LED version and are much brighter and more easily seen. This caused the flash rate to double because of the low current draw which is fine for rear since LED are instant on/off and rear on comers are getting a lot more flashing.

I also have a CLASS III Curt hitch with the receiver and 2" ball setup. This give them Yahoo's something to tangle with if they're intent on bumping into you. If its night time you can add a DOT reflective strip that you see on some truck trailers. I had a RED/SILVER/RED section stuck onto the lower tail gate door of two other vehicles now sold. Its very bright at night and anyone remotely close gets a lot of reflection off them. Brighter than your tail lights.
as far as the blinking 3rd brake light, I dont want it blinking with the turn signals, just blinking for the first couple of seconds when I hit the brakes, as to get the attention of any texting drivers.

thats a good idea with the LEDs

as far as hitch, its my wife's car and she doesnt want one, she says its ugly, haha