Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2005 Santa fe whirring,whistling, whining noise

Old 11-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Default 2005 Santa fe whirring,whistling, whining noise

My 2005 Santa Fe makes a strange noise when tacking up that sounds almost like a turbo spooling up and down. It usually starts this shortly after start up and I drive about a mile. Sometimes it's immediate on take off. If I just sit and idle no noise. If I just sit and tach up the engine, no noise. Just when I'm in gear and driving while accelerating and taching up the engine. When I let off the gas it stops completely most of the time. It's difficult to zero in on a location since it only sounds off while in gear and driving. It will do it in all gears but seems to lighten up as the transmission up shifts to higher gears. Does anyone have an idea. I am afraid to drive it at this point since the noise progressively got worse over time. Initially when I detected the noise it seemed to have a loss of power and would not tach up normally. Now I've got a loud whistling noise but it seems to have normal power and acceleration. A few weeks ago I did replace the Engine Misfire Sensor because my tachometer stopped working and I had misfires on all cylinders. This sensor got rid of the DTC codes and fixed the Tach. Sorry for the book but Thanks for any help for anyone.

Bill