Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2006 Santa Fe a/c blowing out freon

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Default 2006 Santa Fe a/c blowing out freon

Help, Wife was complaining about A/C not cooling very well so my first thought was it needed a shot of freon. Put a can in and noticed it was cycling on and off like what happens when it low, so I started to add another can, and as soon as it started to draw more freon it started to blow out freon every time the compressor cycled on. It seemed to be coming out below the radiator fan on the left side. Is there a blow off valve somewhere? First thing I think of is hoses but all hoses run on the right side. No oil on or around compressor, no oil on or around the hoses. It looked like it was coming from the radiator. So I think it could be the condenser. Pull the front off the car and remove the condenser to find it dry as a bone. So where in the hell is it coming from? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Old 09-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Default AC Overpressure Valve

Steve,

There is an overpressure valve on the compressor. If you
are seeing a Freon cloud, most likely coming out of that valve.
This would mean that you either have way too much Freon in
the system or you have monkeyed with the fans and no cooling
is taking place. Capacity for the system is roughly 22 oz.
Be careful when you just "Add" Freon to this system, she is
very sensitive.

Best Regards,
Paul

Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Default A/C problem

Originally Posted by Steve Hawkins
Help, Wife was complaining about A/C not cooling very well so my first thought was it needed a shot of freon. Put a can in and noticed it was cycling on and off like what happens when it low, so I started to add another can, and as soon as it started to draw more freon it started to blow out freon every time the compressor cycled on. It seemed to be coming out below the radiator fan on the left side. Is there a blow off valve somewhere? First thing I think of is hoses but all hoses run on the right side. No oil on or around compressor, no oil on or around the hoses. It looked like it was coming from the radiator. So I think it could be the condenser. Pull the front off the car and remove the condenser to find it dry as a bone. So where in the hell is it coming from? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Have your compressor checked just to be sure.