Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2008 Sante Fe headlight bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Default santa fe headlight bulb change

With the pictures provided in the forum it was a snap. took all of 10 seconds to get the bulb out. the replacement bulb is H7 about $15 bucks. The trick is push down on the wire retaining tab. on the side that looks like the wire is under the metal tab push back slightly then down the tab then swings away and the bulb comes out easily. when replacing make sure you align the tab at the bottom in the slot to insure proper light alignment. good luck

Old 10-02-2011, 03:39 PM

I am so happy that I found this topic! I consider myself pretty handy, but I don't do much on my car. I was completely frustrated that I couldn't change my lightbulb earlier today. After reading this thread and seeing the pictures, I had them switched in about 10 minutes. Now I don't have to play to dumb broad role (which I hate.) Thank so much!!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by robhill
Thank you all! I spent an hour trying to get the assembly out per the owners manual.
Ditto. I thought it would be easy to remove the assembly since the owner's manual said to just take out the two 10mm bolts on top. But it wouldn't budge.

Taking the high and low beam bulbs out from the back of the assembly was easy though. I'll need someone with small hands to get out the turn signal bulb though.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 PM

This was a good find. Very helpful. Thanks to all that provided the tips and pictures.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Re: 2008 Santa Fe low beam on Driver side: A couple more tips to make the job easier--

Take the mounting bolts off, and although you may not be able to get the headlamp assembly off, you can jiggle it back and forth and get an extra half inch of clearance, which makes a big difference.

Remove the cover to the fuse box, and gain a little more clearance space.

Practice undoing the clip on the passenger side low beam. There is a lot more room and you can quickly get a feel for how the retaining clip works.

I did the above, and the job took about 4 minutes....

Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
asu

Thanks for the pictures. After cursing Hyundai and the lamp assembly for 30 minutes, I looked up this site. After looking at the pictures, it took me 10 minutes to get the light (took me a while to get it to align properly. Big hands, tight space...oh well).

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Thanks for this thread peeps, it really helped.

Couldn't get the whole assembly out (it kicked my ****) but those pictures helped to install the bulbs rater quickly.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 AM

There's a great video I found of this at <http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2008_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_Limited_3.3L_V6/lights/headlight>. They say to remove the three bolts for the left side, and not to bother for the right.

Allan

Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Thumbs up

thanks this helped me i had taken my 2008 Hyundai santa fe to the dealer and they changed the bulbs when both of them went out at the same time and apparently the dealer installed them upside down i just went outside and fixed them, cause i noticed that my headlights went throwing out the proper distance so i thought they were out of alignment, when it gets darker i will take a test drive to see if that is better

Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM

If I were you, I'd complain to the dealer and get my money back for the service call, and change dealers. Come on! The dealer putting the bulbs in upside down?!?! That's pathetic.

Quick Reply: 2008 Sante Fe headlight bulb replacement