Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2011 Santa Fe headlight assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 05:49 AM
Default 2011 Santa Fe headlight assembly

Hi there,

I actually joined this forum because I came across a thread that showed how to fix the issue of the front dome lights not coming on when the doors are opened (i.e. replacing a diode in the dome light assembly). This has been bugging me for a long time and since my 2011 is out of warranty for something like this, I held off on trying to get it fixed. I'll go to that thread to say thanks when I get around to the fix, hopefully this weekend.

Anyway, I had the right low-beam headlight burn out recently so it needed replacement. I had to replace the left one last year (should have done them at the same time but I didn't) and remember having a heck of a time getting the assembly out. Eventually found a Youtube video and was able to get it done. This time, getting the right assembly out was super easy (and now that I remember how the H11B bulb fits, I likely won't remove the assembly at all in the future). However, getting the assembly back in properly this time is proving to be extremely frustrating. I spent about 45 minutes fighting with it last night. It seems to pop in perfectly (the tab at the bottom left looks OK and the mounting nut is fine) but it's obvious the fit is not quite right; the bottom is not in correctly (there's a small gap) and it's not as far to the left as it should be. I suspect I popped it in and out 10 times or more, always with the same result. In the end, I left it as is until I have a new supply of patience.

Just wondering if anyone else has had fitment issues where it's close but not in correctly and, if so, are there any tricks or problems with the assembly itself that might cause this? Thanks in advance and for all of the great info on here, I wish I'd joined years ago!