Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Default 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Thoughts

Hey guys

Really looking into getting a 2013 Santa Fe. Has anyone driven one around? I am thinking of buying one. Read this review - 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Review | Web2Carz and thought that it's sounding pretty good.

Can anyone with hands-on experience lemme know what they think about it? Would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

I just picked up my brand new 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD yesterday. I got mine with the Leather/Premium package and Entertainment package. Personally I think it's a big improvement over the previous Santa Fe. I didn't own one but I've ridden around in one and have rented them in the past. The 2.0 is ok, but there's a pretty dramatic difference between the 2.0 and 2.0T in my opinion. I brought 3 friends with me to test drive it to see if I really need the 2.0T or not and the added horsepower and torque made a huge difference. If you don't need to accelerate uphill or have a full carload of passengers then you may not need it. However, I plan on taking it to Tahoe so I felt like I needed the additional power. I didn't get to try the different combinations of FWD and AWD since I'm only interested in the AWD so I can't reflect on the differences there.

The car turns really well and is relatively tight in the turns. My only gripe is the steering. It has 3 options, comfort, normal and sport. I almost never want to stay in comfort mode because it makes weird movements left and right like it's following every bump in the road. Oddly enough, I feel like I need to give the steering wheel extra attention in comfort mode. As a result, I tend to drive in normal or sport mode. Regardless, the steering still feels artificial to me. Hyundai still needs to work on this. It's the same with both the 2010 Genesis and 2011 Sonata, both of which I also own.

There's quite a bit of space for back seat passengers and if you get the panoramic roof, it makes it feel like there's even more space when it's open. Overall, I think it's a great buy. The only other car that matches it in terms of features is the ford escape, which I also took a look at. The Escape Titanium has tons of features, more than the Santa Fe Sport fully loaded, but good luck trying to get the dealer to drop the prices on a top of the line titanium model. Ultimately too, I think the Santa Fe Sport is a more handsome car. I didn't notice much difference in terms of driver seats but the passengers have commented that it's more comfortable in the Santa Fe Sport. I don't know what else to say but those are my two cents.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 AM
dls
Default 2013 Sante Fe 2.0T

I picked up my fully-loaded Sante Fe last Tuesday. We took it on a 500 mile hike this past weekend. This is the first 4-cylinder I've owned for for 10 years. I was quite pleased with its performance on the interstate. I had the power when I needed it. I can't say that we noticed much difference in the steering modes. It actually felt a little too tight, as in it may be easy to over correct. I'm quite pleased with the size. It's fun to drive. I'd recommend it.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Default 2013 Santa Fe Bluelink mobile phone apps will not work

I just bought a 2013 santa fe fully loaded 2.0T.

Like it, but was told that the blue link mobile apps would work with my blackberry (by sales rep, bluelink manual page 8, and on their website), but this is not the case.

I called 855-225-8354 and they told me, sorry, it is still being developed. I feel that I was miss-lead. I am trying to see what Hyundai will do to about it.

I test drove a 2013 Honda Accord, and they were honest with me and told me that blackberry was not compatible with their electronics package.

I chose Hyundai - now I'm upset.