Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

big hesitation on drive away 6v sante fe

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 PM
GNX
Default big hesitation on drive away 6v sante fe

Sometimes when I start to drive off and then lift for traffic and then start to drive away again, I get a big hesitation, like the engine or transmission is confused. If you pull out in traffic you have no power for a second or two until it decides to go again which can get a bit concerning. Maybe a software issue, anyone had a problem like this? 2010 v6 sante fe, had the problem from the start and after 50k miles problem is still there, no codes set, dealer could not find the problem.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM

I also have a v6 2010, purchased new, santa fe and mine has done that and more from the beginning. First I noticed that when I back up out of the driveway and move the gearshift from reverse to drive that it would not change gears right away and then it would CLUNK into drive. I also had the hesitation when slowing down for traffic and then have to accelerate. I complained several times, the dealer did a software update but it did not help. Finally they changed out the transmission and now it no longer CLUNKS into drive but it did still hesitate. I took it back and they again updated something and it is better but it still does it at times. Keep after the dealer, they must have heard about this issue from others. I think it is a problem with the v6 2010 transmissions.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:36 AM
GNX
Default Hesitation on drive-away

I sounds like your problem was more involved then mine. I had no clunk noise nor was there any issues backing up. I do believe my problem has to do with the transmission software updating too slowly such that it goes in to a neutral state and provides no drive to the wheels for a moment, which is a big deal if you are hung out in on coming traffic! I did get one power-train software update but it did not fix the problem, the problem is hard to duplicate because the conditions are unique.