Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

DBC, ABS and ESC dashlights will not go out

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Default DBC, ABS and ESC dashlights will not go out

I have a 2012 Santa Fe Limited with about 53,000 miles. I have been experiencing a off and on issue with a group of dashboard lights.
The ABS, ESC and DBC lights turn on at startup and do not go out, the DBC light goes from yellow to red in color the other two stay yellow.
The dash switch buttons for the BDC and ESC do not respond when pushed in.
Sometimes the three lights will turn off on there own when the car is turned off and restarted, but this is after a couple of days.
When the lights are no longer on the control buttons on the dash work properly.
I can use some help to try and figure out the issue. My thought is maybe a dodgy sensor or electrical issue of some kind.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Old 10-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Default UPdate

I went to the dealer and the issue was a bad sensor in the passenger rear wheel hub. Seems the sensor was not counting the wheel spin, so I was told.

Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Old 11-21-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sandrews58
I went to the dealer and the issue was a bad sensor in the passenger rear wheel hub. Seems the sensor was not counting the wheel spin, so I was told.

Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Can either of you guys advise what is involved with troubleshooting or replacing this right rear sensor on a 2010 front wheel 4 cylinder model? I get the code that it is not signaling the wheel speed. Cleaned / inspected the plug at wheel and wires.

What is involved in changing this? It appears to be under (behind) the wheel bearing hub. Is it one piece (bearing and sensor) or can just the sensor be changed? Expensive part? Any special tools required (other than an ABS brake scanner)(I borrow from a friend /snapon)

Thanks!

Old 10-29-2021, 11:33 PM

I drive a 2010 Genesis 3.8 Coupe. At random times, always when starting my car, the ESC OFF dash light may stay on. If I don't notice that it's on and I put the car in gear (D or R, it doesn't matter), there is a clunk sound and if I proceed, the car operates in a low gear. The only remedy is to pull over, shut the car off, restart it, and then the light goes off and it runs fine. I now recognize the 'clunk' and immediately turn the car off to restart.

I have logged 22 instances of this happening since the dealer asked me to 'make a note' at my 2nd oil change (6.600 miles). The dealer has seen my car 6 times since Dec 2010, replaced the ECM (computer) in Aug 2011; vehicletreat THEN checked the connectors in Oct 2011. They're stumped, but I keep running my 'new' reliable car to the service department.

Two weeks ago my radio turned ITSELF on...no kidding! My hands were firmly attached to the bottom of the steering wheel--NO POSSIBLE way I accidentally turned it on.

What's happening to my car??? Am I wrong in thinking a $30K+ car should be service-free during the first two years? :dunno:

Last edited by absoluteyeti; 11-03-2021 at 04:14 AM. Reason: spell mistake
Old 10-30-2021, 07:57 AM

We all wish our cars would be trouble free, ALL THE TIME, but it just ain't so.

Considering your vehicle is a 2010 year model, it has had many chances to acquire some problems if nothing else , due to time and exposure.
Just what kind of warranty you might have received is dependent on the seller.

Intermittent problems can be quite trying to find, and prove they were corrected even more trying because you can't get them to show up to verify that might have been the source of the problem. This will take some patience and time to locate and hopefully the problem can be corrected to your satisfaction.