Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

PANO Sunroof vs ROOF CROSS BAR SET

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Default PANO Sunroof vs ROOF CROSS BAR SET

Hi,

I am new to the board, and new to Hyundai. My wife and I are expecting our third child in March, and we are planning to buy a 2014 Santa Fe, Limited. After much looking, it fits best in our garage, and we love the Captain's chair option for the middle row (for easier access to the 3rd row).

QUESTION:
It says on the web page that the Roof Cross Bar set is NOT available with the Panoramic Sunroof. Our Salesman says that that was true for the 2013 models, but that that have changed that for 2014 - and now you CAN have the Roof Cross Bar set with the Panoramic Sunroof.

I can not find this 'change' listed anywhere on the web. Have you heard there was a change????

---------------------------

I ask because it might make the difference in us getting the Technology Package (which automatically comes with the panoramic sunroof). We think we want the ability to get one of those cargo carriers on top for trips. 1/2 our rear storage space is going to be taken up by the child sitting in the 3rd row.

Thanks for any information. I look forward to being a member on this board.

FLAGG

Old 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM

Hey FLAGG, I am in the same situation. I just bought a '14 Limited with the Technology package but want to put on roof rails (to put a cargo carrier for when we are hauling 6).

What did you end up doing?

Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Hi Mellowtunes,

I can't really help with any useful advice. My salesman did tell me that it will totally work on the 2014 models.

However, for now, We ended up sticking with our 2012 Subaru Outback and putting 3 kids across in the back seat. This is working so far for our family of 5.

We may pull the trigger in the future. Good luck!

FLAGG