Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

power steering fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Question power steering fluid?

its an 08 santa fe.. 2.7 engine... went to dealership they tried to convince me it takes PSFIII i showed them the manual that says it takes PSF IV... they gave me SPH IV saying this is PSFIV... is it the same... and are there any diagrams on how to flush out the system and replace with this. Also because the dealship was so adamant about it using only PSF III they made me sign on my receipt that they were not liable for any damage incuring form switching fluids out... how legal is that if the manual clearly states use PSF IV

Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by cflsantafe08
its an 08 santa fe.. 2.7 engine... went to dealership, they tried to convince me it takes PSFIII. i showed them the manual that says it takes PSF IV (PSF-4)... they gave me SPH IV(ATF) saying this is PSF-4... is it the same... --> NO, PSF-4 is clear green, SPH-IV is red (ATF)

and are there any diagrams on how to flush out the system and replace with this.

Also because the dealship was so adamant about it using only PSF III they made me sign on my receipt that they were not liable for any damage incuring form switching fluids out...
Why, they sold you the wrong oil.... Go speak with somebody in charge, store manager comes to mind,, if his people cant read the manual held in front of and comply to customer request, he needs to hire smarter people.

how legal is that if the manual clearly states use PSF IV
Call Hyundai Cunsumer affairs, and tell them what happened, and the people at store are not trained properly, they insist on selling wrong fluid against what called out in manual.
We have about every Hyundai trans oil, and PSF-4 by the case full.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 PM

great.. another 45 min trip to deal with those idiots... i had a feeling when they gave me the 2 bottles that they were wrong yet again. so the stuff i need to get them to give to me says on it PSF 4... not this SPH IV right?