Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Santa Fe
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Default Roof rack croos bars won't move forward

Hello. I have a new 2010 Santa Fe sport w/sunroof. I ordered the cross bars for the roof rails and to my dismay I can't get the front cross bar forward enough because Hyundai has put a torx to prevent this. I guess the reason being so the cross bar doesn't interfere with the sunroof. My problem is I really need to get the front bar forward enough so I can attach my Thule ski box. I tried removing the Torx but it won't come out all the way. Has anyone else had this problem or know why this particular torx won't come out?

Please help, these cross bars weren't cheap and I can't take them back now.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM

Default Roof Rack cross bars

Hi,

I have a 2009. I did not think it would be any different, but I was able to remove the bolts no problem. I also have the sunroof. It does not interfere at all. Nobody has any clue as to why Hyundai puts those bolts.

I left mine out, and never had any problem. No water infiltration, wheezing sound (some people wander about the rubber strips, found no use so far for these as well), or any other problem. Seems to me you can do whatever it takes to remove them, at the risk of damaging them, you won't need them again. Some people even drilled more holes to be able to secure the cross bars more forward.

Hyundai really cheaped out with this roof rack. I had to make my own rack for my canoe. I also had to add hooks under the car, 'cause there's nothing to hook on.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM

Tags
2008, 2009, 2010, bars, entourage, fe, forward, front, hyundai, move, rack, removal, remove, roof, santa