Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Santa Fe '07 2.2 CRDi CAN BUS confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Default Santa Fe '07 2.2 CRDi CAN BUS confusion

Hi,

I've bought myself a raspberry pi with the can bus board from sk pang which works great for reading can bus messages. I've plugged it into the OBDII port on the driver side. The problem is, interacting with the car isn't possible this way. Means, e.g. opening windows, turning lights on/off etc. doesn't seem to work by sending can messages. I've tried to figure out which message id's are doing what but didn't really succeed. No matter what I send to the can bus, the car seems to ignore it. (sending functionality should be ok, I verified it).

Is it possible that I'm on the wrong can bus? Are there other ones on the '07 SantaFe? Is there some kind of 'firewall'/gateway at the diagnosis port? Someone encountered a similar problem in the past?

I checked additional places to tap into the bus but unfortunatly my radio harness doesn't have the can_h and can_l cables. Also the pins for can_h and can_l on the diagostics plug in the engine room are empty.

The only place I found is at the TCM on the passenger side (plug c224-c) pin 3 (can high),4 (can low). I've got that from the workshop/repair manual. Would I have better luck there? Is my theory possible? Maybe someone knows something about this and can give me a hint/point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!