Thanx Joe Peppe (auto paint expert-Allexperts.com) and NovaResource!
Through research and asking questions the problem has been solved! Yessss! It turns out that when I crossed the jump cables the 'Fusible link 120A' -connected to the positive cable of the battery - burnt out. It served it's purpose! I'm sure I saved a lot of money doing this on my own. There is no telling what a dishonest mechanic would've charged me. FYI...I tested this fuse with a light tester and it appeared to be in working order but it was not the case. It is possible, of course, that I didn't test this fuse properly. In any case,the problem has been solved and my girlfriend is very happy she has her car back. Hey, who knows, I just may get LUCKY tonight
....lol! Thanx again Joe Peppe and NovaResource! And Ihope that my posted problem/answer/headache[:@] willhelp others.
Take care n god bless!