Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2011 Sonata Audio Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Default 2011 Sonata Audio Wiring

Hi All,
Does anyone know if the factory system without sub has an external amplifier anywhere? If possible location and color codes?
I'm considering trying to do something with maybe an Audio Control processor and amp. I will post whatever I learn along the way.
Thanks!
BT

Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Default give me 24 hrs :)

I am new to the forum and was doing some pre-purchase research. I am buying a 2011 sonata this week and was checking out the forum for advice or issues.

I can post the wiring diagram tomorrow for you if no one has posted it before then. I own a av and computer business and do car audio on the side. I have been looking into putting some new items in the car post purchase so I have a little research already done.

A: 6.5 all around ( component in the front)
B: dash kit is available but squishes the ac behind the shifter on a lot of them
Metra is working on one and I personally would wait for theirs
C: most aftermarket head units that use sat radio will NOT plug and play w/ the factory antenna. (not sure about splicing yet)
D: Factory MIC is the same way (no promises about plug and play)
E: Wiring harness is available already form Metra if your going to go ahead and replace factory head unit.

The one thing i dont think is listed in my info at the office is if the factory NAV antenna is built into the "fin" or if it a separate piece somewhere else. I would like to know so i can research tapping into it or rerunning something aftermarket that could be hidden. I do not want a aftermarket "nub" hanging out on my new car roof or trunk lid..

Old 06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Default audio wiring continued

Jay,
Thanks. Metra already has a kit, it's the 99-7342. I bought one and it's very nice but it's all gloss black and until somebody comes up with a way to integrate the bluetooth and steering wheel controls I'm keeping the factory head.
I did get the harness all spliced in, there is no amplifier on the base model but the factory color codes are not standard, I cheated and used the Metra harness as a guide. (should have written them down but I didn't)
I wound up using an Audio Control LC6i directly after the head unit, put an amp with a high-pass filter to get some of the bass out of the factory speakers and adding an Infinity Basslink Sub.
All the electronics face forward behind the rear seat.
I think it sounds exceptional, a lot better than I expected and all for under $800 if you shop. Sonicelectronics.com seems to be a good place as is amazon.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Sonata Audio Wiring-snc00076.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Default 2012 sonata

Hi I wanted to know if anyone could post a 2011 or 2012 sonata stereo wiring diagram. I can't find one anywhere.
Thanks!!