Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

HYUNDAI CONSUMER AFFAIRS

Old 01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Default HYUNDAI CONSUMER AFFAIRS

Hyundai Consumer Affairs has many reports on fuel sloshing and suspension noise.I have called many times.Their number is
800 633 5151 Please call them and start a blitz.They know of the problems on the 06 Sonata and didn't fix them on the 07. Factory reps and Consumer affairs are very aware however there is no fix.
The Fuel sloshing or fuel banging is with 3/4 to 4/4 tank of fuel.
The suspension noise is at low speed in front and rear on all I4 and V6 models.The noise is like a old Chevy with bad shocks.My I4 GLS also has alot of body lean and a floaty ride at highway speed.
I have gone all the way with trying to get a fix.I suggested aftermarket Struts However they say it will void the warranty.
I guess JD Powers didn't drive a Sonata with a full tank.They were also playing the radio and couldn't hear the suspension noise.
This will be my last Hyundai I will keep it till the warranty is used up. It seems these post don't get answered often or read by Hyundai. What happened to Owner satisfaction.If they want my business they must satisfy me.

John

Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Default RE: HYUNDAI CONSUMER AFFAIRS

I have had my Sonata for about 2 months and have app 3600 miles on it and LOVE the veryquiet ride. I haven't notice any unusual sounds, sloshing, or fuel banging noises. Is this a random problem?

Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 PM

yep, I just read consumer affairs as well...............I will definitely give that number a call. I also know a few other hyundai owners who are having similar issues...(now that I asked, it's all coming out)

Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 AM

Are there any cars left around without build problems...seem to not be any.Friens of mine has a bentley GT cpe and is always complaining about something...

Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM

Well yes there are my last7 hondas and two volgswagons had no problems .I had 2 civics,3 CR-Viesand a accord.A 1980 Rabbit diesel and a 89 Jetta diesel. All of wich had no design problems.
TA DA
John

Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 PM

it seems to me in the effort to load these new models with the latest gizmos they have forgot to take care of the basics, see my post problems!!! it nice to have an mp3 player but if your new car sounds like a 1979 school bus in need of a tune up you can't hear the music. a previous poster i believe gold07 listed several vehicles that he owned that had no problems, is it a coincidence that those cars were all entry level vehicles probably with very few optional equipment installed? i am not against progress or new gizmos just get the basics right before you install electronic stability control!!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:46 PM

I'll be calling tommorrow. I had our 06 LX at the dealer today for the suspension noise. They said it sounded normal and refused to correct it. I said it was normal for the 06's becausemost of them sound likea bucket of bolts.They knew about the TSB but it's for 07's. Hyundai knows they have a problem and left the 06 owners out in the cold.
We'll see what happens after I call consumer affairs.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Another update
After getting nowhere with my dealer yesterday I called Hyundai consumer affairs today. I explained the situation and told them that I was not satisfied with the response I received from the dealer especially since some dealers are performing the work. He went off to check things out and came back and told me he could not find any TSB's for either the 06 the 07's so there was nothing he could do. Then he told me he could give me the names of other dealers in my area to see if they would do the work. I couldn't believe it. I asked him to hold on for a minute and logged onto this site to get the TSB. I gave him the service campaign number T28 along with another number that was at the top of the bulletin 06-01-011. He still coudn't find it. I suggested that I could fax it to him which I did. He said he would check into it some more and get back to me in a couple of days. I also asked him who was next on the list to call if I wasn't satified. He response was that HCA was pretty much it.
We'll see what happens.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 PM

If this suspension problem is "normal" to them then thats the best their product and warranty will do. So if you know that an after market strut will improve/fix the problem, then why not just go for it. You will have a pleasant ride, if fixed, and will have proof and documentation that the problem was not normall. If you can do the work, I'd go for it. If you have to have it done then it may cost you a few bucks that may be recovered in small claims court. What it will take to move them is a mass of complaints.
Toyota had oil sludge problems with their 3 liter v6 and they kept blaiming customers for not changing oil. They knew about the 3.0L motor was susceptible for sludge and only aftera class action suit threat did theyadmit that it may be a problem. In 04 they made the 3.3 that was much improved.

Bottom line, if you can make it safer, do so and heck with the warranty that limits your options for a safer ride. If a hundred owners can fix the same problem with the same solution than that is proof a hundred times more that it can be fixed and it was a design problem.

What was the solution for this problem in the 07 models and can it be applied to the 06s?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 PM

please tell us where to find the TSB T28 or give us a copy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HYUNDAI CONSUMER AFFAIRS