Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Sonata
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Engine rattle/sound

Has anyone had a problem with a weird sound, almost like a rattle, coming from their engine compartment. I heard it last week and brought it in for an oil change and asked. They have no idea. I need to leave the car next week. Anybody experience this?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to WheelBroker1 Send a message via Yahoo to WheelBroker1 Send a message via Skype™ to WheelBroker1
Default RE: Engine rattle/sound

Hello Jtaylor:
Take a short broom handle cut it off at about 1' and 6" and use it to listen to your engine..it will let the sound come thru it to your ears so that you can pin point where its coming from...

WheelBroker1
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Well....that'll do, thanks Ray. (Ghostbusters ref.)

I have haven't tried this yet but the voodoo witch doctor down the road is a nice fellow and is very willing to lend his services.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: WheelBroker1

Hello Jtaylor:
Take a short broom handle cut it off at about 1' and 6" and use it to listen to your engine..it will let the sound come thru it to your ears so that you can pin point where its coming from...

WheelBroker1
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to frozeh2o

Wood is a good conductor of sound to help find where noise is coming from that cant be easily seen.....dont be so skeptical,it works.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:39 PM

see my post problems, you did not say year and model of your sonata, if 06 it is covered under warranty, if they give you a hard time find your owners manual and let the dealership know you are calling hyundai of america and you are opening a case, that will light a fire under their ***. the dealership recieves incentives from north american hyundai for services rendered if you report bad service it effects their kickbacks they recieve.!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I have it in service now. They've had it 2 days and still have no clue about whats wrong.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dah005

see my post problems, you did not say year and model of your sonata, if 06 it is covered under warranty, if they give you a hard time find your owners manual and let the dealership know you are calling hyundai of america and you are opening a case, that will light a fire under their ***. the dealership recieves incentives from north american hyundai for services rendered if you report bad service it effects their kickbacks they recieve.!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM

OK just got off the phone with Hyundai and they said that they now need to drop the trany and replace the fly wheel. Apparently the bolts came loose and there was some type of technical bullitin about it. I get my car back friday now, supposidly. Anybody hear about this before.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:47 PM

yeah, that s what happened to my06 gls v6 they had it for 14 days did they give you a loaner, if not request one if they say no grab your owners manual while you are standing in the dealership and call hyundai of america and request a loaner, they have to give you one for personal use if your car is in the shop for more than 24 hours, good luck , keep us posted!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM

hey man don"t be sticking no ****ing broom handle inside your engine what thehell kinda advise is that if it is under warranty take itto the shop and keep your service records dude!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Tags
2007, clatter, coming, elantra, engine, hyundai, motor, noise, rattle, rattles, rattling, sonata, sonatarattling, sound, tuscon, v6