Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Needing Rear Brake Job Help - Stuck emergency brake pad

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Default Needing Rear Brake Job Help - Stuck emergency brake pad

I have a 2006 Sonata with 60K miles. I went to change rear pads and disk rotors yeastrerday and could not get the rear drivers side rotor off. I took off the caliper and caliper bracket with no problem. The parking brake shoes seem to be stopping me from getting the rotor off. ??? Can anyone help me?
Wile you rotate the rotor or wheel around, it sticks in certain place with resistace. Probably always did this since new.

I ended up only replacing the pads. Tryed hammering off the rotor with no luck. Rotor only came off only a little bit (1/2 inch). When you spin the wheel now , I feel some resistance or stickinga at a certain spot of the rotation. My guess this cutting back on my gas milage. Probable always did this. Is this normal ?

I wanted to change the rotors but could not on this one wheel.

One other thing I noticed when changing all the pads. All the pads were worn evenly except the inside pad on this rear wheel (Rotor problem wheel). The inside pad was almost down to the metal where all others were only half gone.

Any help will be appreciated greatly !!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Watch this video. It's on a Ford truck but it will work on any car:
Remove Rusted Brake Rotors ( Easy for any car or truck ) - YouTube