Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Windshield Washer does not work

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Default Windshield Washer does not work

The windshield washer quit. Also, the low fuel light does not come on anymore. I assume the two have a common fuse, but could not find a bad one. Any ideas?
2000 Sonata.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Default RE: Windshield Washer does not work

CMKERNS,
For the washer fluid, I'd see if the pump is shot. Check that first. For the low fuel light, check the fuse if that appears ok, then check to see if the bulb is blown out.
Good Luck,
Brant

Old 12-19-2005, 11:55 PM

The low fuel light is an LED, so it wouldn't burn out. Also, it went out at exactly the same time as the washer motor stopped. Sounds like a fuse, but the owners manual does not specify a circuit with the washer on it. I pulled the fuses and did not find one with a burnout. Right now it is around zero out, so long periods of checking the car are out of the question.
I have went 115K miles with no problems and now I am having problems one after another.
There must be something common between the low fuel light and the washer motor.
By the way, when you activate the washer, the wipers do work, just not the washer.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:38 PM

MY FACE IS RED! I had been driving my 2005 Ford F-150 while the Sonata was being repaired. When I got it back, I PUSHED ON THE END OF THE STEM TO OPERATE THE WASHER. Of course, that is how the FORD works, not the Hyundai. Nothing wrong with the Hyundai, except the LOW FUEL light comes on now when there is about 10 miles worth of fuel left. Can't wait for the light anymore.
Nearly 120K miles and it just keeps running. I don't think I will buy another one as the new Sonata is smaller, like an Elantra.
Looks like I will be looking somewhere else for my next car.