Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Wish to change the stock radio on my 2007 Sonata GLS PLZ HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Smile Wish to change the stock radio on my 2007 Sonata GLS PLZ HELP!!!

Hi guys, firstly, I am new at this forum. And yes, I joined because I needed some helpful inisight into the world of Hyundai, and I thought what better place that this one to get some MUCH NEEDED answers/advise.
I drive a 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS and it has factory stereo on it currently. I plan to replace that with an aftermarket Eclipse 2210p MKII in dash navigation unit. I decided on this one since it has a TOMTOM unit which can be used as a PND as well. I have to change the stock stereo, since it doesnt play mp3 cd's well anymore, it skips, doesnt eject the CDs, and above all doesnt have AUX input.
I thought of changing it altogether. Since the 2210p is a little old (model wise a couple years old), I am getting a good deal on it, so decided to go with it, and with updateable maps, I am under impression that it'd be a good deal even to live with in the future.
My concern now, is, I can have the unit installed no problems, with the right mounting kit and wiring harness (please suggest any particular ones which are better than others and links if possible); the problem is I dont want to loose the steering wheel controls functionality. How do I integrate these controls with my (soon) new Eclipse 2210p MKII system. I am seeing that there is some product called PAC SWI ECL2 and then there's some IR based PAC SWI-X.
Can you guys please advise which one would work with such a combination of car and stereo. (also about the mounting kit and harness, if possible).

I know by this time, you guys are bored of the long post for a simple thing, but I was just making sure I didnt leave any details out, maybe I'll get some new knowledge about my car

One more thing, since we're on topic of modifications to stock. I find the light green display (I think its called the cluster/bezzel) in the gauges/speedometer and in the dash of the car; very depressing. I like the bright blue LEDs much better in the car or maybe even red, since that'll match with the ECLIPSE as well. Any suggestions here. I am not looking to spend too much money here, but if reasonably cost effective, might choose to get this done as well. Can something like this be done in under $100 budget?