Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Dash lights and right tail lights not working!! help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Default Dash lights and right tail lights not working!! help!

My 2003 tiburon dash lights,speedometer,odometer,etc.. lights are not working, the center heat,cool, ***** not working either.. power windows switch lights not working either.. head unit works.. I read somewhere to replace the TAIL-RH fuse but every time i replace that with another 10 amp fuse.. it blows the fuse.

the rear right side tail light is also not working for some reason.... someone help!!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Dash lights and right tail lights not working!! help!

Sounds like it could be the BCM (Body Control Module). They are fairly common to go on Tiburons. Usually it's just teh turn signals but I'd get it checked out at the dealer. I hope it's still under warranty because if it is the BCM, its $500+ just for the part alone.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 PM

What is a BCM? It is an 2003 no warranty.. Why is the fuse keep blowing? just for that one TAIL-RH fuse? and by BCM is that for the rear right tail light or the inside lights? please help me here!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Oh and when i put my foot on the break both tail lights work.. and when i signal right it works too

Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Like I said above, the BCM is the Body Control Module. It controls many of the cars electrical functions like the door chime, the power locks, the turn signals, keyless entryand yes, the tail lights. I don't know why the fuse is blowing. It's possible the problem with the BCM is a short and that is causing the fuse to blow. Either way, it needs to be checked and only the dealer can check the BCM to see if it's working properly.

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_5383/tm.htm
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hyundai-R...15/Signals.htm

Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Alright, but only one tail light is gone.. i was working on my subs and amps yesterday.. could that be the reason by any chance?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:05 PM

is there a fuse that controls either one of those electrical issues?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 PM

turns out.. i just had to replace the fuse (TAIL-RH) from a 10amp to a 20 amp because the guy before me added underbody neons that i just found out i had today.. lol but thanks soo much for your help! i still do not know now the lights worked before yesterday though.. it is alright i got it working now that is all that matters!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

That's is not a good idea. Adding a higher rated fuse to the circuit is defeating the purpose of the fuse. The fuse is there to protect the circuit. The correct fix would be to remove the cause of the higher draw. In other words, remove the underbody neons, they are illegal anyway.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Well It was working before on the 10 amp fuse which is what it is supposed to be but now every time i put a 10amp in there, it blows.. what could be the problem there? I mean I can put the 10 amp back in because that's what has been in there from the beginning.. But how do i stop it from blowing all the time?

Quick Reply: Dash lights and right tail lights not working!! help!