Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Help please! Starting issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Default Help please! Starting issue.

Hello,
My name is Casey and I am wondering if someone can help me with one of my cars. I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon gt 2.7 automatic. It has roughly 166000 miles on it. I have never had any issues with this car, always keep up with repairs ect..
Well I was in the process of getting a new door and painting it for my car, so the car sat for about 2.5 weeks. Note it was used to being drove about 60 miles a day. I just parked it while I worked on my door.
So when I go to start my car now I have to push the gas to get it started. Some days it will just start up in the morning. But when I go to leave work I have to press gas to get it started. It takes a few minutes to kick in and then when it is started its like im reving it out because of how much I have to push the gas.
The car drives fine. Today I took it to work because last night I changed all spark plugs, wires are good, replaced a few lines due to cracks in them and wanted to test it. Well it does the same thing. Start it up for first time for the day and it starts fine. 8 hours later im having to push the petal to get it startd. When its started it almost seems like it wants to cut out, but doesnt.
This is strictly my winter car and I need some ideas before I break down and goto the dealer. I usually fix all of my cars so im not completely in the dark, but I dont want to go buy every sensor because I cant pin point it and i've never had this happen before.
The only thing I can think of is fuel filter, which i really dont want to change its horrible, coil packs SEEM fine, wires are good, NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.
Although I will say I brought it to advanced and hooked it up because I was wondering if there would be something without light on, and it came up with cylinder 3 & 6 misfire.
Well sorry about the lengthy post but I wanted to give you as much info as I could.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas where to start? I really hate the dealer, theyre such a rip off.
Anything will help.
Thank you for your time, i appricate it.
Casey