Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

how do i replace door handle

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Default how do i replace door handle

well, i just came home from work. figured i would start my 2003 tibby, as it hasnt been driving in almost a week, and when i pulled on the door handle it came off in my hand. since there is a bit of snow and ice on the car, its cold out, and the handles are plastic, i should have known better, but wasnt thinking.

anyways, no i have no door handle on the driver side, pass. side opened up fine strange enough. i just looked quickly by flashlight, and i cant tell if it can be replaced from the outside or if the inner door panel needs to be renmoved and replaced that way

if anyone has replaced this part or knows of any pictures or walkthroughs, that would be great, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, matt'

also, the handle probably isnt covered under warranty, but i figure ill call the dealership anyways

Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Default RE: how do i replace door handle

you need to take the door panel off after that you will see the plastic covering (sound deadening materiel) no pull the left corner of the plastic down make sure your window is up all the way look into the door were the door handle is and you should see 2 10mm bolts take those out then there are two rods that are connected to the handle and the door lock you want the rod thats connected to the door handle not the loock(its the rod that you can push down)you will see a clip on the rod push the clip to the left then just pull the rod back, not to hard though or you will bend it then you should just be able to pull it out