Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Just bought a 2003 Tiburon help!!!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Default Just bought a 2003 Tiburon help!!!!!

I just bought an 03 Tiburon gt 6 speed and i have a few problems I will just list them. and any help is very much appreciated! thanks in advance!

1.) The car locks and unlocks with a remote to get in the car but when i get in the car and turn it on, the locks stay unlocked and i have to manually lock them, and when i take the key out of the ignition they are still locked and i have to manually unlock them or use the remote to unlock them.. I have owned all cars that automatically lock and unlock the doors when you take the key out of the ignition and put it in the ignition, Is this a problem in the vehicle or are the Tiburons just not equipped for it?

2.) The headlights and the interior lights such as the dash, and all don't turn on as it gets dark outside, I have to manually turn those on as well, Is this a problem in the vehicle itself or is the car just not equipped for it?

3.) The Tiburon came with a custom sub woofer box with 2 subs an amp and 2 extra 6x9's.. all this is in the trunk in ONE custom box to fit the entire trunk, which means there is no room for anything else in the trunk.. When I try to open the trunk with the buttom on the lower drivers side door, it does not open the trunk, I have to manually open the trunk with the key as well.. Could the previous owner have had this function disabled? or what?

Any and all help is appreciated, if it is something I could do at home, please specify and if it just then tell me how much it would cost to get it done..

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Just bought a 2003 Tiburon help!!!!!

ORIGINAL: psychodoodbrij92

1.) The car locks and unlocks with a remote to get in the car but when i get in the car and turn it on, the locks stay unlocked and i have to manually lock them, and when i take the key out of the ignition they are still locked and i have to manually unlock them or use the remote to unlock them.. I have owned all cars that automatically lock and unlock the doors when you take the key out of the ignition and put it in the ignition, Is this a problem in the vehicle or are the Tiburons just not equipped for it?
That's normal. The Tib does not auto lock or auto unlock.

2.) The headlights and the interior lights such as the dash, and all don't turn on as it gets dark outside, I have to manually turn those on as well, Is this a problem in the vehicle itself or is the car just not equipped for it?
Also normal. The Tib does not come with auto headlights in the US.

3.) The Tiburon came with a custom sub woofer box with 2 subs an amp and 2 extra 6x9's.. all this is in the trunk in ONE custom box to fit the entire trunk, which means there is no room for anything else in the trunk.. When I try to open the trunk with the buttom on the lower drivers side door, it does not open the trunk, I have to manually open the trunk with the key as well.. Could the previous owner have had this function disabled? or what?
Probably.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:17 AM

Thanks NovaResource,

also
How Would I go about getting some brighter headlights for my 2003 Tiburon? I want 6000k or 8000k..

Old 12-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

FYI, you can add automatic headlights to your car with this kit:
http://www.kdmstuff.com/shop/step1.php?number=125

I added to my 2004 Tib and it was great.

Don't get brighter lights. First you will blind oncoming drivers. I hate people that do this. Second, you put added electrical stress on the headlight wiring of the car. Third, the brighter lights create more heat which can melt headlight lenses and housings.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:09 PM

not brighter.. just blue ones you know? I want that luxury look with blue lights.. Where would i be able to find the entire headlight assembly that wont melt my wires? or do i just get a different bulb? or what?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Please don't add blue lights to your car. That bluish color on luxury cars come from real HID lights that provide better light. The blue bulbs for normal headlights actually lowers the amount of light. And they are illegal in most, if not all, states. If you want blue lights, do a real HID install.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 AM

how and where do i get the "real HID lights"?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120699

Old 12-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Is that just an HID conversion Kit? I can get those off of eBay for like 80 right?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Possibly but you have to make sure they are quality kits. Some of those ebay kits are junk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought a 2003 Tiburon help!!!!!