Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Tiburon keyless entry remote programming

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Default Tiburon keyless entry remote programming

I have an 03 Tiburon GT. I'm trying to figure out how to program the keyless remotes. Anybody know how to do this? Thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Default RE: Tiburon keyless entry remote programming

I have read that only a hyundai dealer can do it. they have to use there scan tool for the programing. I need it done too, and my closest dealer is 2 hrs away.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tiburon keyless entry remote programming

Correct, only the dealer can do it with the scan tool.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up Update

Hi all! Newbie here.

Actually if you have the original remote, you can do it yourself. My remote was working without a problem until the other day when all of a sudden it didn't work out of nowhere. I thought it was the battery (might have been and needed to be reprogrammed after replacing it) so I changed it. Still didn't work. So I did a search and found the following instructions Click here

The answer is remarkably simple:
1. Get in the car and close the door.
2. Turn the key to the ACC position
3. Push the unlock button on the remote until the blinkers flash once.
4. Get out of the car and test the remote. It should be working fine. ( I actually was able to test it while in the car)

( I edited the above for spelling errors from the site)

I know this an older post but thought this info would be helpful as it could ne misleading to others doing a search as I did and thought maybe the dealer has to do it. Not so because it worked just fine after applying the above . BTW, I have a 2004 Tiburon GT 6cyl automatic and I love it.

P.S. I would change the battery first. Could be why it got deprogrammed.

Last edited by Dpbuch; 12-23-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Made a text link
Old 12-23-2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dpbuch
The explanation (along with the instructions) is on page 1-5 of your car's owners manual.

Attached Thumbnails  Tiburon keyless entry remote programming-2003-tiburon_fob.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dpbuch
Hi all! Newbie here.

Actually if you have the original remote, you can do it yourself. My remote was working without a problem until the other day when all of a sudden it didn't work out of nowhere. I thought it was the battery (might have been and needed to be reprogrammed after replacing it) so I changed it. Still didn't work. So I did a search and found the following instructions Click here

The answer is remarkably simple:
1. Get in the car and close the door.
2. Turn the key to the ACC position
3. Push the unlock button on the remote until the blinkers flash once.
4. Get out of the car and test the remote. It should be working fine. ( I actually was able to test it while in the car)

( I edited the above for spelling errors from the site)

I know this an older post but thought this info would be helpful as it could ne misleading to others doing a search as I did and thought maybe the dealer has to do it. Not so because it worked just fine after applying the above . BTW, I have a 2004 Tiburon GT 6cyl automatic and I love it.

That only works if the remote was already programmed to the car. New remotes that have never been programmed to the car require a dealer scan tool. FYI, the system can only be programmed for 2 remotes.