Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

The Tiburon Replacement?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Default The Tiburon Replacement?

The Hyundai Tiburon has gotten some attention in the US market, mostly for its sporty yet efficient personality, but in the import scenes the “Tibby” has become a popular tuner car. Upgrades to the last few years of the Tiburon have been predominantly slight styling changes but at the Frankfurt Auto Show, Hyundai will debut the model set to replace the Tiburon.

While the name has not been made official, it is expected that the new Hyundai coupe will be similar to the Velostar concept from last year’s Seoul Auto Show. The new coupe will be a front wheel drive model, using the chassis of the Hyundai i30 and Kia Forte. Representatives from Hyundai have commented that the new coupe will be smaller than the upcoming Hyundai Genesis sport coupe, and if it is truly replacing the Tiburon, we can expect a four and six cylinder engine option.

This new Hyundai compact coupe is expected to be available for order shortly after its German debut, but there is no indication right now as to when we could see this unnamed coupe in the United States, but if it does indeed follow the styling cues of the Velostar, the “next generation Tiburon” could prove to be a big hit for Hyundai.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Thumbs up Spy Shots - 2012 Hyundai Veloster / Tiburon Derivative

New Spy Shots of the 2012 Hyundai Veloster was captured in South Korea Seems like a really nice car, though not fully visible. Seems like a CRX competitor???

http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/spy-sh...n-south-korea/

Hyundais vice-president of design, Oh Suk-Geun said, With the Veloster, we wanted to try something really different. Were keenly aware that we need radically new products for the Y Generation, the first-time 20-something buyer.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:31 AM

The next "Tiburon" or Veloster if they decide to keep that name looks to have kept many of the design traits that the concept had back in '07. For a mid-teens starting price, this will definitely push whatever Honda has in the pipeline with the CR-Z off the road!

http://www.thecollegedriver.com/post...Veloster-Coupe

Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 AM

When I was at the Hyundai Dealer picking up my tiburon, the sales rep showed me a full pic of the new tiburon, personally I think its ugly and an insult to the tiburon name, but everyone has their own opinion

Old 07-03-2010, 01:05 AM

I pray to god that they dont try to release anything that looks like the veloster coupe and call it a tiburon, it really would be insulting!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

So killing the Tiburon name totally would be less insulting? Thos are your options. The Veloster Concept released as the new Tiburon or the end of the Tiburon name.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:16 PM

i highly doubt that the current model will be the "last" tiburon, even if they don't make the veloster concept its new namebearer. I have all ideas that they simply stopped redesigning the tibby for the moment simply because there wasn't much they could do to improve on the current design, short of giving it a bigger engine selection, which in turn would encroach on the sales market of the g-coupe. I have no doubts that in a few years, once there has been a significant step forward in auto technology, (barring the possibility that they use this design as the new tiburon) they will release another sport coupe that is actually worth calling a tiburon.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Think again. The Genesis coupe replaces the Tiburon as Hyundais "sporty coupe". The Veloster concept is Hyundais front wheels drive coupe to compete with cars like the Civic. Hyundai will not have 3 different 2-door coupes. They will just have the Genesis Coupe and the Veloster concept (either called Veloster, Tiburon or something new).

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Default 2012 Hyundai Veloster

looks like Hyundai has their eyes on the Prius and Honda's CRX....

http://news.ultimatestreet.com/view/...undai-veloster

Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2012equus
looks like Hyundai has their eyes on the Prius and Honda's CRX....

http://news.ultimatestreet.com/view/...undai-veloster
Old news. Merging with existing thread from over a year ago.

Here are some teaser pics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wmcDLgotMbI

Looks like it will be very close to the concept:

New picture reveals the 3rd door:

Last edited by NovaResource; 01-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Tiburon Replacement?