Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Won't buy from Kspec EVER AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Default Won't buy from Kspec EVER AGAIN!

Terrible service. Think twice before buying here. [/align] Today, 08:45 AM [hr] So let me start by saying that this all started because I misinterpreted a Kspec Ebay listing. They had a Tib/Turbulance rear strut bar listed (no years listed, just Tib/Turb). I purchased it thinking it was for 03-06 models. When I discovered my mistake I wrote them to ask if I could cancel the purchase or adjust for the right model. The emails are as follows:

Feb 25 (from me)
I just bought this item, but I think I might have made a mistake. Is this rear strut bar for a 2005 Tiburon? If not, can I cancel my order? I'm really sorry for the mistake.

Feb 25 (Kspec response)
Dear customer,
We can send you the Tuscani one (New Tiburon).
Thank you.

March 17, after the Tib/Turb bar was shipped instead of the Tib/Tusc one that they said they would ship. I emailed Kspec:
I know it was my fault for ordering the wrong model, but you said you would send the bar for the Tuscani to correct the situation. You still sent the one for the Turbulance/Tiburon, not the Tuscani/Tiburon. Can I please exchange this for the correct one? I have a 2005 Tuscani/Tiburon GT.

March 21, After verifying the original email for Kspec, they replied:

Dear customer,
We are truly sorry but it is our mistake as well.
Please send us your shipping address again.
You can keep the older Tiburon one as well.
Just leave us a good feedback.
We will provide you the replacement.
Thank you.

I thought this was excellent customer service. It would have been, had I EVER received the replacement.
April 6, emailed to confirm shipping and get tracking number:
Hi, I was just wondering if this item (rear strut bar for '05 Tib) has shipped and if so, do you have a tracking number?
Thank you

A couple of days later, the Kspec reply:

Thank you for purchasing at kSpec.
Dear customer,
The order usually takes around 2 weeks from the purchase date.
Depending on postal condition, order might take longer or shorter.
Please be advised.
Tracking info is provided when the order is lost.
Thank you.
Sales Team
kSpec.com

Fine. This didn't address my question at all, so I waited patiently for a while.

April 21, emailed Kspec again to check the status:

Could you please tell me if this part has shipped. I have not received it yet and we agreed on the replacement almost one month ago (see highlighted section below). My shipping address is listed below and the part is the rear strut bar for an '05 Tiburon GT.
Thank you,

A couple of days later, the reply from Kspec:
Dear customer,
Strutbars are always in stock.
It has been shipped.
Please tell us your delivery information, we will track your order for you.
Sorry for the troubles.
Thank you.
Sales Team
kSpec.com

Confirmed my address for them again, did not receive any tracking information or ETA

May 5, I have lost my patience at this point and email Kspec AGAIN:

Any word on when I should expect this item to reach me? I've been waiting since March for the replacement to come and all I've got from you is that "it has shipped." Do you have a tracking number or something that might indicate whether or not I'll be receiving this strut bar soon? See below for my shipping information on a 2005 Tiburon GT rear strut bar.
Thank you.

May 5, the response from Kspec (again, with no information that actually helps me):
Dear customer,
We are truly sorry for the delay.
We will track your order and let you know.
Thank you.
Sales