Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Default LED Tail Lights

Hello I was wondering Is there any Companys Making the Whole Tail Light Assibly In LED For Tucsons?

I have seen Fancy Tail light Sets Made by other companys but not in LEDs

has anybody seen any?

thanks
Dimi

Old 10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Default RE: LED Tail Lights

Here's some scoop on LED Tail lights. ..

In compaison to that of the standard filliment bulb, LED's don't have the side reflection of light that incondescent bulbs produce, therefor, when a led tail lamp is developed, the reflective mirror housing the incases the led's needs to wrap around the led alittle closer than those using the standard filliment bulb, in order to produce the luminance required by DOT (Department of Transportation.)

One pitfall to this design is that the tail lamp no longer produces as much side view luminance as that of the regular bulb does. So... what MFG's will do in the design is add 1 or two side leds within the same housing, so that the vehicle can be see from the side, again, required by DOT.

3rd party led tail lights generally won't necessarily be designed with the best side luminance consideration in mind.

Another issue I've also seen occur is that alot of these 3rd party lights are made cheaply. The plastic composit used overseas is not of the best purity as used here in the USA, therefor, the tail light housing begin to degrade (foggy looking), as well as get brittle and crack, almost within the first year of putting them on.

Just something to consider before making the switch.

LB