Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Panic Alarm randomly going off on my 2006 Tucson

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Default Panic Alarm randomly going off on my 2006 Tucson

Hello - recently, we have been having issues with the panic alarm going off intermittently, and mostly at night when we are trying to sleep. It will go on and off by itself, and I have already had it serviced for the hood switch, which was taken care of.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what my next step is? I have also have had issues with our ignition switch not always "clicking" when I remove the key from the ignition after the car has been shut off. I am not sure if this is related to the panic alarm or not, but seems to me all electrical systems in cars are connected in some way.

Please help!

Thanks

Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

It could be a different switch (one of the doors or the hatch) that has done bad. Or maybe it's a crook setting it off and waiting for you to get annoyed and disable the alarm.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:57 AM

Thanks, I'm having the dealership take another look, my thought is deferring to possibly one of the key fob's have gone corrupt and is setting off the alarm because it only happens at night while we are at home and the car is parked in the garage with our garage door down.

Anyone had experience with the key fob actually doing this?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:14 PM

The panic alarm on my 2007 Tucson just started going off this weekend. I just had the brake light swith changed. The ETC light kept going on, my Tucson was not under the recall as i was told it was an early model. Looks like i may have to take it back to the garage. Has anyone had this problem after they had this done?

Old 10-13-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Spfitzsimmons
Thanks, I'm having the dealership take another look, my thought is deferring to possibly one of the key fob's have gone corrupt and is setting off the alarm because it only happens at night while we are at home and the car is parked in the garage with our garage door down.

Yes, mine fired off last night as well. I clicked the unlock and lock button then went back to sleep. Then after about 6 minutes or so, it fired off again. Same thing. After the third time, I decided to run the engine for about 15 minutes. It didn't fire off after that but still I'm going to have the battery of key fob replaced and check if the hood switch /ESC (?) recall was done on my pre-owned 2005 Tucson. I only have the car in a month and a half.

Also, not sure if this factors in, I was out on vacation for 2.5 weeks. Not sure if the battery of the car got weak but it should not set off the panic alarm. It should just die down and I would have just jacked it up. But who knows, maybe there's something to it. But upon my return, I did ran the car for about 5 days in and out of work before it tripped the alarm last night.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spfitzsimmons

Yes I have it goes off at night randomly ever since I hit a deer