Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Service Reminder Pop-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 05:19 AM
Default Service Reminder Pop-up

Hi Everyone,

Only had the new 2016 Tucson Highlander a few months - I’m stumped by this little annoyance. On startup, the LCD Display Pops-Up a 1,500Km 30 days Service Reminder with a countdown of Kms & Days. That 1,500 30 days courtesy service has been done, but the reminder popup remains, with only a useless option on it that resets it back to 1,500Km 30 days.

However, the Owners Manual lists this as a user adjustable setting named “Service Interval” and it’s depicted as being under the “User Settings” list, all of these can be selected and adjusted to choice. Supposedly, this “Service Interval” can be turned on, or off, and/or adjust the number of days/Kms.

But, on the LCD Display of the vehicle NO “Service Interval” selection appears at all.

There is a setting to “Reset Settings” to vehicle defaults. Done that but still no “Service Interval”

I suppose all new Tucson Highlanders have the same LCD Display features. What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:40 AM

My local Hyundai dealers had the Tucson for a few hours last week to look at a fix for the service reminder, I left it with the LCD display the same as it's been always 1,500Km or 30 days. When I collected it was magically reading 15,000Km or 365 days, brilliant. The sales guy dodged the question, "How?", so I'm none the wiser. But after a couple of months of not knowing, I've decided I don't care, they'll reset it in a year.

They're currently pushing their paid quality car washing, so I accepted the AU$50 offer, charged AU$35, and it's immaculate! Normally, because of the black leather interior, I have the seats, along with everything possible covered with quilts's, sheets, etc as I have a 3.5yr Yellow Labrador, he moults twice annually and drools at the merest smell of food. Removed all this covering beforehand, surprisingly only a little hair on the rear floor. I'm amazed at just how great it looks both inside & out, brilliant.