Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Tucson power window relay info

Old 03-25-2016, 07:48 AM
Post Tucson power window relay info

For the last couple of years the power windows on my 2005 Tucson have been playing up. When it's cold outside none of the Windows would work.
Hyundai were no help at all, couldn't tell me anything about the relay or where it is located. Long story short.....
The power window relay is a non replaceable tyco relay soldered into the internal fuse box by the drivers side. (Maybe passenger side in US). The relay is hidden underneath the cream plastic lower hump on the far right of the fuse panel.
To access it I drilled and cut the "hump" off and then sliced the lid off the relay with a hot soldering iron. Contact cleaner and lube and the problem is now fixed.
Or you could replace the fuse panel !

Hope this helps.....

Old 03-25-2016, 07:59 AM

Picture of exposed relay.

Attached Thumbnails Tucson power window relay info-image.jpeg  
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Default Fuse box location

Location of internal fuse panel.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM

Why would that be Soldered in?? I have never seen one soldered. Sometimes they get "Stuck" and hard to remove.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:18 PM

Stupid design, can't even unsolder it as it is a double board.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Fuse panel removed to show utterly ridiculous design.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:29 AM

did that fix work? For some reason my 08 Tucson city power windows stopped and all fuses are fine :/ but I used a multi-meter and putting it onto the top of the fuse where some metal is showing I get 0V all other fuses read 12V I would assume power goes to the fuse first then the relay since it's there to protect the relays and devices. You had your fuse box pulled apart can you confirm if the pcb tracks go to the fuse first? I'm absolutely lost as to why it doesn't work when all fuses are fine both engine bay and drivers side.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 AM

The relay sits before the fuses (two 30A), so you won't get power to the fuses if the relay isn't operating. You can try tapping the plastic case over the relay as this may temp allow it to work.

Update on my fix. It lasted a while but in the end I bought a complete fuse board off eBay and replaced it. No probs since.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:54 AM

In case anyone is interested, the other two relays soldered on the board are for the side lights (inc dash and fogs) and rear defogger.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mark65
The relay sits before the fuses (two 30A), so you won't get power to the fuses if the relay isn't operating. You can try tapping the plastic case over the relay as this may temp allow it to work.

Update on my fix. It lasted a while but in the end I bought a complete fuse board off eBay and replaced it. No probs since.
I can't tap the relay because I don't have the fuse box exposed I didn't really want to go all the way into it to do that then have to put it all back together I guess I'm hoping it's not the relay because that all sounds expensive -_- and the windows were working on a drive then with I left the car parked and came back the windows didn't work coincidence they would just stop working when the car was left parked? It's there a way I could find out if it's the relay for sure? Maybe a temp 12v+ power source to the fuse or something?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tucson power window relay info