Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Tucson V6 LX Adventure and problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Default Tucson V6 LX Adventure and problems

Tucson V6 LX Adventure

Last year November 2004 I bought a Hyundai Tucson in San Francisco and I drove from the Pacific to the Atlantic (Cape Cod). The car has 15K miles.

I am taking the car again to travel to LA and from there all the way to Peru to visit the ‘Lost City’ of Machupicho.

I am a bit disappointed with the car with a number of problems (6 months driving):

•One inch of the plastic cover adjacent to the driver’s door has detached (or unglued). This is noticeable when open and closing the driver’s door. When closing this door it doesn’t sound like the passenger door.

•The inside of the plastic cover of the light, on the rear driver’s side, shows a 2 inch spot that appears as if something is eating the cover from the inside.

•Stability Control software will be re-installed again for correction purposes.

•The bottom of the2 front leather seats haven’t kept their firmness and have stretched and developed wrinkles and horizontal corrugated lines. I haven’t seen this in previous leather seats in other cars.

•The car responds with a strong ‘clunking’ noise only when the car is reversing and it is engaged in full 4 wheel drive. Differential problems?

Because the car is under warranty I would like to ask members of this forum which of the above mentioned items can be considered straight forward by a Hyundai dealer for mending or repair. My experience with dealers is not satisfactory so far with non Hyundai dealers. For some unknown reason for me, it appears that the dealers seek to downplay any problems after you have bought the car.

I would also like to know if some Tucson or Santa Fe owners have similar problems to me with their Hyundai cars.

I would also like to ask members of this forum where should I phone, write, or email in case the dealer is unable to repair the ‘clunking’ noise after it was booked for repair.

Equally will a repair under warranty entitle me to request a courtesy car while the car is in the dealer garage?

I will appreciate the cooperation of members to elucidate best practices for actions and answering all my queries.

LX model has been dropped for model 2006.

B

Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Default RE: Tucson V6 LX Adventure and problems

Sorry but a courtesy car isonly offered by dealerships willing to offer them, it's not a requirement. I'd take all the problems you stated to your dealer. If they don't/won't do anything about them phone Hyundai Motors and tell them the problems you've been having with the vehicle. The only point you might have a problem with is the 4x4 mode. You'd have to prove, somehow, that the vehicle was in fact in 4x4 lock mode on off road surfaces only.

I saw a lady last year in a Jeep grand cherokee going up a hill. She passed me and I caught up to her at my cousins gas station up the highway and I mentioned it to her and the smell was totally unbeliveable, she had the vehicle going down the highway at 55+mph in 4x4 HI Lock!

If Hyundai Motors still fails to act and fix the problems with your vehicle you can phone your state law office and see about going after Hyundai under "lemon law" status. Since the vehicle you have is still driveable they might not allow it, but it's still worth a try if the dealer and Hyundai's office fails.