Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

2010 Veracruz - Rattle\Creak Rear Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Default 2010 Veracruz - Rattle\Creak Rear Hatch?

Hi

Just picked up a brand new 2010 GLS. Already love it. However as we were driving it home, noted an intermittant Rattle\Mechanical noise coming from the rear hatch (as far as we could tell).

It seems to primarily occur when a bump it hit that causes the vehicle to move side to side, rather then a bump that causes it to move up\down. We went back to the dealer, and had a mechanic listen to. He agreed it was not normal road noise, but was something that should not be happening.

He pulled the hatch apart, but there was nothing inside that would explain it. We also checked the spare tire in case it was loose. Rattle noise is still there.

Anyone experience something similar? It has ruined what otherwise has been a pleasent experience.

The sound, it I had to decribe it, sounds very similar to minivans, with the removeable seats...those seats would often jiggle causing a metallic sound....latch on the connection to the floor.

That is about the only other thing I can think of is the actual latching mechanism for the rear hatch...however it seems pretty tight...

Any help would be great.

Hutch

Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Try under the back rug... where the jack and other parts are located. Something there could be loose.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 PM

We also bought a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz and have the same problem. The rubber near the rear hatch looks a little worn for a car that we have had less than a month.We will be taking it into the dealer but I doubt they have a solution since you have had no luck with that.I had a trailer hitch installed at the dealer and may have them check the trailer hitch and see if that is causing the noise you described, still have to find out why the rubber around the rear hatch is wearing out after having the car less than a month.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Unhappy noise

I have the same problem...one noise is the rubbing of the back seat, but that goes away if the center arm rest is down....the other seems to come from inside the back door. I hear it when the door shuts, but also when driving.

I read an old post that said you can adjust the latch somehow, but I haven't figured that out yet.

It is very annoying when the rest of the vehicle is fine.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Default Update - Rattle

We are still looking. I found a post that did suggest adjusting the locking mechanism, but that referred to a Veracruz with the auto tailgate.

Wife spent 2 hours at the Dealership today, while they went over it. They could not find it, though they did hear it...so we are not imaging things.

A case has been opened with them, that goes out to other dealers, to see on solutions, etc. They have advised that if we don't hear from them before our next oil change, to book it in for another review. At least they are trying anyway.

That is about the only grip I have with the vehicle...we love it.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by hutcha
We are still looking. I found a post that did suggest adjusting the locking mechanism, but that referred to a Veracruz with the auto tailgate.

Wife spent 2 hours at the Dealership today, while they went over it. They could not find it, though they did hear it...so we are not imaging things.

A case has been opened with them, that goes out to other dealers, to see on solutions, etc. They have advised that if we don't hear from them before our next oil change, to book it in for another review. At least they are trying anyway.

There is a heat shield around the two mufflers and I found our that the heat shield was too close to the frame under the car when I move the heat shield away from the frame it solve our problem the the noise problem we had was gone.
Now we can begin to enjoy our new car.The biggest problem we have had with the dealer we bought our car from was getting them to pay off our trade in. It took them a month to pay it off.They were fast at getting the new payments to me though,but now that it is taken care of we like our new Hyundai Veracruz 2010. Good luck with yours and enjoy it.

Last edited by pamlarry; 11-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by hutcha

In a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz The the 2 screws in the bottem part of the latch where the hatch locks you can losing these two screws with a allen wrench and they will move just enough to help the locking mechanism stay shut and tight. I would not try to remove them both. just loosing enough to adjust the locking hatch on the floor where the hatch meets and locks.