Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Airbag light is on, horn is not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Default Airbag light is on, horn is not working

2007 Veracruz.

My airbag light stays on, and the horn does not work. I've looked into these symptoms and seems like it could be the clockspring, but usually when that part is bad, the cruise control does not work either, and my cruise control is working. Also, I've replaced the clockspring, and I still have the same symptoms.

I realize that I could have received a bad clockspring (although not likely) but assuming the clockspring is not bad, what else could cause these symptoms with both the horn and airbag light, but not the cruise control?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:45 PM

For the horn, did you check the fuses??

Old 09-17-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor
For the horn, did you check the fuses??
Yes, I did check the fuses. The horn fuse was blown and I replaced it but that didn't help. I need to check it again after testing the horn to see if it has blown again. I actually pulled every fuse in the panel inside the vehicle to check it/reseat it. I did the same with the fuses under the hood, but not the relays, etc.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:40 PM

A blown fuse is an indication that there is a problem in the circuit
Sometimes replacing the fuse will solve the circuit problem
Most of the time .. no
Yeah, guess you should check the Horn relay
If you by pass the relay then you can tell if the horn works or the problem is there???

Old 09-23-2016, 08:03 AM

I checked and replaced the relay (because I broke it while trying to pull it off) and I still have the same symptoms. After starting the vehicle several times and driving it as well, the 15 amp fuse for the horn that had been blown is not blown again.

I'm thinking I may have had an incident that caused the 15 amp fuse to blow, but also caused some deeper electrical issues I haven't figured out yet? Any other advice is appreciated.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:15 AM

Hi did you ever resolve this issue? Having the same problem with my 2011 sonata after replacing the clock spring.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Since the post is almost 4 years ago they probably got rid of the vehicle by this time.

Old 08-02-2020, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Since the post is almost 4 years ago they probably got rid of the vehicle by this time.
Yeah probably but I was curious if he ever figured out the problem because my airbag light is on and horn doesn’t work and putting a new clock spring in didn’t fix it 🤦‍♂️

Old 08-04-2020, 11:16 PM

Airbag and horn, and blown fuse?

Old 08-04-2020, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by s-petersen
Airbag and horn, and blown fuse?
sorry my fuse is not blown like his was. My horn works with the alarm button but not on steering wheel. Also swapped the horn relay for a working one and checked for codes with my scanner.

Last edited by Mxbrady; 08-04-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Airbag light is on, horn is not working