Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Veracruz Intermittent Start Problems! Help please!

Old 09-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Default Veracruz Intermittent Start Problems! Help please!

I have a 2008 Veracruz. Every once in a while, I have to turn the key 20-30 times to get the vehicle to start. I've had the battery, starter, and alternator all checked. The alternator was actually just changed. The intermittent issues started soon after the alternator was changed on the leaky valve replacement recall. When I turn the key, all systems start. The lights come on. Radio comes on. Everything comes on except for the car. Does anyone have any answers to this issue? I see that the Sonata has similar issues too. Thanks for any guidance.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:50 PM

Take a test light and connect one end to the battery negative terminal and the other end to engine block.
Then crank engine. If the test light turns on then you have a bad ground.
If there is no light then test power and ground going to starter.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by themoviesleuth
I have a 2008 Veracruz. Every once in a while, I have to turn the key 20-30 times to get the vehicle to start. I've had the battery, starter, and alternator all checked. The alternator was actually just changed. The intermittent issues started soon after the alternator was changed on the leaky valve replacement recall. When I turn the key, all systems start. The lights come on. Radio comes on. Everything comes on except for the car. Does anyone have any answers to this issue? I see that the Sonata has similar issues too. Thanks for any guidance.
Had to order a replacement key fob and it resolved the issue. Basically, the programming in the fob wore out over time and caused it to not sync with the ignition switch all the time. I ordered it on eBay and had A LOCAL LOCKSMITH(emphasis on local because it's usually half the cost of the dealer) come and program in less than 10 minutes. (I did that because I could not drive the truck due to it not syncing with the ignition switch and I did not want to have it towed.) Honestly, it cost me less than $100 for 2 new fobs and the programming. Here's the eBay link https://www.ebay.com/itm/175319512229