Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

2005 XG350 Rattle in Rear Deck Near Speakers

Old 06-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Default 2005 XG350 Rattle in Rear Deck Near Speakers

I love my 350 - it is the nicest car i've ever owned. However, since buyinmg it, I"ve had a rattle in teh back speaker deck where teh speakers come through the deck. It happens while driving over even slightly bumpy pavement. Has anyone experienced this? Also, soes anyone have instructions on how to remove teh speaker covers of the deck itself? Thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Default RE: 2005 XG350 Rattle in Rear Deck Near Speakers

I have just purchased one and I have a rattle in the rear, I have looked at spare tire and under the car I cant find it either let me know what you come up with

ORIGINAL: emtbch

I love my 350 - it is the nicest car i've ever owned. However, since buyinmg it, I"ve had a rattle in teh back speaker deck where teh speakers come through the deck. It happens while driving over even slightly bumpy pavement. Has anyone experienced this? Also, soes anyone have instructions on how to remove teh speaker covers of the deck itself? Thanks

Old 07-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: 2005 XG350 Rattle in Rear Deck Near Speakers

Real 1 - OK - Ifigured it out. The rattle formy car was the rear brake light assembly which is mounted on the rear deack. You know, the breake light in the middle of the rear window. You have to remove the whoel assembly. This is done by opening the trunk and looking for two small bolts protruding from teh rear deck. Unscrew these and go bak into the seating area and remove the light assembly. You will have to unhook the light form teh electrical power.

Inside the assembly there ate five small screws - remove these. the part that ratteles in teh read lens. As you will see, iti si not fixed in there firmly. I glued some thin pieces of rubber to teh framing are and then slid the lens back into the groove and glued it, too. It woroked like a charm.

Word of caution... I used crazy glue. If you've seen any crime shows on TV, you may know they use stuff to identify finger prints by heating it in a closed area. When, what I foudn id that when teh brake lights came on, it heated the glue which vaporized and stuck to teh rear windshield. Perhaps you might use a different gleu and see how it works.

Good luck.