New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

07 Tucson CD player problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Default 07 Tucson CD player problem

Hello all,
I am new to HF and I am glad to finally find a place where I can get advice on my car. I have a 2007 Tucson (V6 automatic transmission). It runs perfectly and I enjoy it very much. However after I took it in forservicein June (exactly a year after buying it), I noticed that my CD player is not functioning well. It skips a lot and also is not able to move to the next track and appears to be stuck on the end of the track and keeps repeating like an old record used to do when the needle got stuck. I thought it could be that it is dirty so I bought a good CD player cleaning disc system, but it had no effect. I have read the manual and all it says about CD player problems is to remove the fuse and replace it which will reset it. I have tried that and it did not work.
I am quite frustrated and I would very much appreciate any guidelines as to how to fix this and also wonder if I am entitled to warranty on the CD player if I have to contact Hyundai or the dealership for a solution or a replacement.
Thank you

Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Default RE: 07 Tucson CD player problem

I would very much appreciate any guidelines as to how to fix this
I've never had much luck with resetting any CD head unit using the fuses. Try disconnecting the ground lead to the battery, leave it disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnect the lead. This should power cycle the head unit and reset it. It should puke out any CDs stuck inside.

I am entitled to warranty on the CD player if I have to contact Hyundai or the dealership for a solution or a replacement.
The Hyundai new vehicle warrenty clearly states "- Radio And Sound Systems (i.e. radio, cassette tape drive mechanism, and compact disc player): 3 years / 36,000 miles ".