New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Default Daytime Running Lights

Hello: Just took delivery of a 07 Santa Fe and need assistance for installation of daytime runninglight module for my ride. Is there a module that is wired and just needs to be connected to the fuse box under the hood and high beam headlight. I would prefer not to cut the factory wiring harness. Thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights

Hi, I just imported a 07 Santa Fe from the US into Canada. The US dealer installed the running lights mod for me prior to export. There is no plug in module, it must be done to the wiring harness under the dash. My lights, I don't know if this is the only way to install or if I need to fix them, works like this:

If the engine is running, the headlights and running lights and tail lights are always on regardless of switch position (off, park, on, or auto)
parking brake doesn't change anything.
If the car is off, I can't turn the lights on (switch position does nothing).

So basically, it doesn't matter what switch setting I use - it's useless now. Car on, lights on. Car off, lights off. I don't like it but it works.

It is possible to wire it up in different ways (better than mine) with other kits, but to my knowledge they all require cutting the factory wire harness under the dash.