Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Default please help

I am trying to get more hp out of my 2001 tiburon. If anyone knows of anything becides a air filter, I would much appreciate it.

I was looking into turbo, and need some help please respond.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Default RE: please help

i'm new to the hyundai, but was also new to the first impala's
so let's see what can be found

Old 03-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Administrator

what motor for you have in your tib scott?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:07 AM

i have 2.0 dohc!

Old 03-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Administrator

ok..i am not certain, but i believe that Ripp Mods makes a supercharger kit for that car...i know that they do make superchargers for tibs, not sure if they are for your engine. they make an amazing product from what ive seen, and offer great tech support.

www.rippmods.com

Old 03-26-2005, 02:08 AM

thanks for the help keep it coming

Old 06-06-2005, 04:10 AM

You could buil a turbo kit your self for under $2000 Ive done it and so has another person I know and we both went different ways about doing it

Old 06-16-2005, 06:30 PM

that is your opinion and this is mine. Ive built a couple hyundai turbo kits for people and they love it! Aturbo is far more efficient than a supercharger, and does not put as much stress on your motor. A supercharger runs from a belt that is constantly loading your engine and stressing it and it actually uses hp to make more, where as a turbo is not causing a load especially at idle. And as far as the low end torque that is what a launch is all about, you just boost the turbo off the line and you have the same effect at low end. and as far as the it feels like a 3 litre under the hood whoopdy MY GSX feels like there is a rocket in the back I have built many turbo cars and they are far superior to a supercharger, a super charger can only make about 80% max efficency where a turboif it is set up properly can go well over a 100% Also with the turbo you can drive normally and not boost the crap out of your engine and load it all up all the time and you can controll your own boost with a boost controller rather than having to find different pulleys and such.
thanks TONY

Old 06-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

what kind of performance numbers do you cars put down?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:24 AM

WE have no numbers or time slips yet but dony worry they're coming soon we have setup a dyno day for mid june, and we will also be heading to the track for some quarter mile runs and I will postthem for everybody to look at. The Tiburon has a custom stainless manifold from Essential speed, 14b turbo from a 1st gen talon@ 7 psi of boost, custom aluminum intercooler piping made at my shop, turbo xs boost controller, 1st gen talon intercooler slightly modified, voltage clamp from Split second, Apexi SAFC and DSM 450 injectors, also air fuel and boost gauge, We cant wait to dyno it to see what kind of numbers it lays down. All I know is that its a hell of a lot faster than it was. I drive a 96 Eclipse GSX that runs low 11 second passes all day, and when my buddy first got the car he came over and gave me a ride and the first thing I said was lets boost it now 3 years of convincing him it is done, and he loves it but ill let everybody know when we dyno it. Ill also try to get some pics up soon
Tony

Quick Reply: please help