Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

How do you rank your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Default How do you rank your dealer?

This is a question I love to ask. How do you rank your dealer on service experience. Do they treat you failry? Do they get your car out in time?Do they diagnose the problem right the first time? Throw in your likes and dislikes .

Old 06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: How do you rank your dealer?

i dont have a hyundai, as some of you may know, but a good friend has one, and has received a lemon law check...for the endless problems with stupid non-drivability things. they would often have an appointment to get something looked at, and they arrived like 5 minutes before the scheduled time..and about an hour later, they were asked "has someone helped you"?

Old 06-10-2005, 08:02 PM

I was hoping to get responses from people who own a Hyundai and experience first hand with their dealer. Thank you for the input though.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:44 PM

hey tec, my dealer is ok for the nost part , i own a 03' tibby my car is great , but i did have a prooblem with the paint dept. i got the part back half painted and still have not gotten back a full painted part yet, tehyb keep telling me thats its going to be a few more days before they can paint it again,so i leave come back and get the same thing over and over .

Old 06-11-2005, 07:15 PM

We just got ours last month, so we haven't had a service yet (although its overdue). The sales experience was excellent. We got a price that was about $5000 under sticker without dickering. Our salesman talked to us like we were people, not "ups", and we never talked to a manager until we were almost taking delivery. It was at Hyundai of Everett in Everett, WA.

05SG

Old 06-12-2005, 02:38 PM
PJB

I havent had to take mine in for anything yet and Ive got 1400 miles on it already (in a month).
The salesman told me I needed to get the oil changed at 1200 miles but when I called to make an appointment for it the service manager said I didnt need it changed until 3000 miles.
After the first oil change Ill be doing it myself in the driveway like I always do.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:14 AM

it seems to me that this site is mostly american, does anyone know if there is a canadian website, and does any one know where in toronto i can get a fair deal on a hyundai

Old 06-20-2005, 01:23 AM

sorry ranger99, I live on the wet coast, 3000 miles from you. Can't help you with Toronto dealers.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM

I haven't had any car troubles with my car yet(I've only had it for just over 2 months). I did take it in for it's first oil change 2 days ago at 2700 miles. They took about 45 minutes with it, then after I left, I noticed they left the oil fill cap off. I immediately returned to the dealership and informed them of the incident. They were very considerate and quick to make sure I didn't loose the fill cap, then they asked if I wanted them to clean the engine and interior. After seeing how the clean the outside, I would rather not have them clean the rest of my car. Sales experience was excellent. They were able to work with me and get me out of $3000 of negative equity in my previous 3/4 ton V10 4x4 pickup. The salesman was very helpful, and everyone in the dealership congratulated me on my purchase and welcomed me to the Hyundai "family".

Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 AM
PJB

When I called to make the 1200 mile oil change appointment the service manager said I didnt need one until 3000 miles. My salesman told me it was supposed to be done at 1200 miles.

I took the survey Hyundai sends out back to the dealership tonight and they gave me a card for a free oil change.

Quick Reply: How do you rank your dealer?