Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2012 Elantra Air conditioning recharge

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Default 2012 Elantra Air conditioning recharge

I noticed that after these many years the air is not as cold as it once was so I bought a refill kit. THe gauge said it was still in the "Green" but I filled it just a little to the top of the green gauge. Then I was running a few errands and the air was suddenly not so cold anymore...almost warmish. I thought maybe Ill just give it a minute and ran inside a store for a bi. When I turned my car back on and left the parking lot I heard/saw a spray out the front of the car!? The air was still not cold at all now. I turned it all off and checked the engine bay and everything seemed to be in order and not error codes from diagnostics. I have noticed now that when I turn on the air I hear the engine somewhat bog down, like normal as the engine is working harder, but I now noticed that it goes up and down in idle. I am not sure if its a grinding noise while its doing it but it definitely seem like its struggling and still no cold air at all now.

Can anyone help with further diagnosis!!?

Thank you