General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

clutch adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Default clutch adjustment

i have a lantra(uk) 1.8si 1996 i think my clutch is on the way out
i.e. very loose and almost engage on floor. is there any way to adlust or do
i have to get replaced??

Old 08-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Default RE: clutch adjustment

Trakka , being the (dealer tech) let me set ya straight on something here. We care if customers come back cause they are our paycheck. If you were in this industry you wouldnt be running off like you do.I am trying to be polite here so no one gets mad.Most dealers want like anyone else does and that is repeat customers,warranty or not.We dont make any money on warranty. Most of my work is about 60-70% customer pay. Not all dealers are out there to get the vasoline out everytime we see you. I treat every customer like they were my mother. ( who I do like) . Anyway we do get a bad wrap cause some dealers are tough to deal with.I did independent for 8 years and trust me the grass isnt always greener on that side of the fence. You get what ya pay for and thats what it comes down to.I can diagnose and fix your car in about half the time most indys can because I have the information,tools,and thats all I work on so we know the systems pretty well. Trakka. think before ya speak!!!