Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-5/)
-   -   Original owner Warranty info. (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-5/original-owner-warranty-info-13648/)

street6 05-14-2013 10:55 PM

Original owner Warranty info.

Hello all...My name is Kevin. I'm new to the site. Sorry for the quick intro but I got a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.
I'm the original owner of a 2007 Hyundai Entourage (currently 86k miles). A few months ago my van developed a slow oil drip/leak. The van is garage kept and I absolutely hate oil on the floor in my garage. Sometimes I got a few drips a week and other weeks nothing. I take the van in to my local Hyundai service center and the tech could not find the leak so dye was added. I return about 2 weeks later and the tech advises he "thinks" the leak is coming from the oil filter housing (not the filter itself) and that the housing may be cracked, but he will not know for sure until he removes the housing. I'm told the cost will be slightly over $800.00 as the oil filter housing is not covered under the 10 yr/ 100k mile warranty. Does this sound right?? So do I just wait for all the oil to drip out of the motor completely, let the engine seize up, and then have the 10 yr/ 100k mile drivetrain warranty cover a new engine? When I ask the service advisor why it's not corvered she has no answer for me. Oh, I get it...the engine was designed to leak oil.
This is my first Hyundai and I can tell you that I this is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
So what specific parts of the drivetrain are covered under the 10 yr/ 100k mile original owner warranty?
I kinda figured something like an alternator would not be covered but the oil filter housing itself which supplies oil to the motor? I'm confused...

NovaResource 05-15-2013 07:02 AM

I would think that should be covered. Try contacting Hyundai directly about it.

street6 05-15-2013 07:44 PM

Thanks for the advice. How do I go about contacting Hyundai themselves?
Is there a 800 number or a specific web site?

NovaResource 05-15-2013 09:42 PM

Try this:

Hyundai Motor America
Consumer Assistance Center
10550 Talbert Avenue
PO Box 20850
Fountain Valley CA 92728-0850
1-800-633-5151 (M-F, 5 am to 6 pm PST)

street6 05-22-2013 09:14 PM

UPDATE: So I contacted the Hyundai Cusumer Assistance with a few questions regarding what is actually covered under the original owner 10yr/ 100k mile warranty. And what do I get?.....I get referred back to the dealership and told this: If a part is damaged, or a part that is suspected to have gone bad falls under the 10yr/ 100k mile warranty then the part number in the computer at the dealership will be show as being covered.

I've had both front (driver and passenger) tie rods replaced due to excessive wear at 48k & 60k miles, a cracked air intake hose replaced, and even an interior passenger seat air bag sensor replaced..NONE of them being under warranty and paid out of pocket. And I never complained.....
but an engine leaking oil not covered under the drivetrain warranty?? REDICULOUS! Leason learned...

Sorry, just needed to vent....by the way thanks for the info NovaResource.