General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sonata Transmission issues

Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Default Sonata Transmission issues

Having completed a couple of race meets with-out any trans problems, the car started to play up...the gear box would work fine off the line until the car reached 3rd gear, then when i needed it to select 1st or 2nd i would only have 3rd gear? Even when manually shifting back to 1st or 2nd it would only stay in 3rd gear...tried resetting the trans and engine comps and it would be fine again until i got into 3rd gear again...weird?
While lined up for my next race i found i had NO gears...unplugged the trans comp and ran a race in 3rd gear only, started in 3rd and laboured for the whole race...plugged the comp back in and found i had gears again?
After this happened a couple of times i have now got no gears at all when the trans comp is connected and only 3rd when its dis-connected, no reverse either?
Could it be possible that the trans comp has failed? Should i have reverse atleast with-out the trans comp connected?
Hoping i havent stuffed the transmission and will replace the tranny comp to see if it rectifies my problems...
Also, have no dash etc so no warning lights or error lights etc to direct me?
Any input would be greatly appreciated...
Cheers
Oggy