Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2000 Hyundai Accent door lock problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Default 2000 Hyundai Accent door lock problems

My 2000 year Hyundai Accent saloon has a problem with door locks.

Car has a central locking system with remote control but it is not able to lock all the doors all the time. So I usually locked the doors manually from the inside and then finally the driver's door with the remote. However, the remote still unlocks all the doors (sometimes, when it is cold, it doesn't, but usually there is no problem with unlocking the car).

Anyway, few days ago the passenger door lock switch stopped working and I wasn't able to lock that door even manually. The switch button moved half way to lock position when I push it but doesn't actually lock the door. I removed the lock button with the door opening handle and now if I push the end of locking rod very hard, it somehow manages to lock the door.

But I'm not happy with that solution and I'd like to make the doors lock with remote. So what should I do? Is the problem with the rods or should I just clean the system and add some lock-oil? I believe that the electrical actuators are working fine and that something might be jammed or dirty or the rods bent.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:30 AM

Door locking/unlocking is done with the help of radio frequency which was set at the time of car manufacturing between the remote and actuator. When you press the switch in remote, then you're sending the signal to the actuator (present inside the door lock mechanism) via radio frequency that actuates the gear mechanism to lock/unlock the door.
so there are two possiblities in your case: first one is your remote code that does not match with original one and second one is problems in Actuator. It might be get bad/damaged so that it can not able to actuate gear assembly inside the door.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM

So how did you get the door lock fixed?
thanx Norma