Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2001 Accent Dash Lights Out - Odometer Lights On! ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Default 2001 Accent Dash Lights Out - Odometer Lights On! ???

Hello,

I've read some very dated posts on here from 2006 and 2008 about dashboard light problems but nothing seems to be very recent.

So I have a 2001 Accent GSI and the indiglo blue dash lights the illuminate the speedometer, tachometer, fuel and temperature have recently stopped working. I've read through everyting on this board about this and have tried the following without success:

- checked all fuses
- replaced all 4 black diodes (2 under hood, 2 under steering column)
- replaced the rheostat (dimmer control switch/wheel)
- the rear tail lights are working fine, no issues there and I know the dashboard lights are wired to them
- the white odometer and trip odometer lights ARE illuminating and dim when using the dimmer control...just no blue lights to illuminate the rest

Tonight I removed the display cluster and see on the back that the odometer, trip odometer and all the status lights along the bottom have small "push and turn" lights that pop out. All these work fine and like I said the odometer white lights dim as they should.

I cannot see where the blue indeglow light comes from or how it might be replaced if they are burt out. Can someone help me in this regard?

I've attached a photo of the rear of the removed instrument cluster and as you can see, there is nothing there that I can see that points me to what I should be looking at for the blue backlight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails 2001 Accent Dash Lights Out - Odometer Lights On!  ???-2001-accent.jpg