Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2003 Hyundai Accent – won’t start intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Default 2003 Hyundai Accent – won’t start intermittently

Help…..I’m at my wits end! Is there a Hyundai God out there!?!

1. There was no spark from coil pack….replaced coil pack – didn’t work

2. Had power to fuel pump but it didn’t run so we replaced the fuel pump - didn’t work

3. We found out it is not always getting power to the fuel pump - my friend who owns a garage joined a Hyundai trouble shooting site for a 30 day trial…..of 43 Accents with the same problem 37 were caused by the crank sensor or corroded/bad wire.

4. It wasn’t the crank sensor either – we cleaned all the grounds we could find – got the car running again and I drove it for a week then when I went to start it today it wouldn’t start and the fuel pump is not working.

So what’s left, cam sensor and computer? And by the way the fuel pump relay seems to work right when you turn the key on. I think it either has to be the computer tripping an error code after you drive it awhile or a corroded connection someplace that we missed. Anyone have a similar problem, or an idea, cuz I’m out of them, going nuts, and sick of wasting money I don’t have on parts that I don’t need…..Thanks for any help or words of wisdom!