Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2005 Accent P0441 Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:41 AM
Default 2005 Accent P0441 Code

Hi all,

So the GF's 2005 Accent GLS has an engine light and is throwing a P0441 code. I have replaced the Canister Purge Control Solenoid and pcv valve. I also have the Vapor Vent Valve to install but cannot seem to figure out where it is located. From my search it appears to be in the back of the car along with the charcoal canister. I dropped it this evening and i do not see where it goes. I also cannot seem to locate any diagrams or videos showing it. Every time i do a search for it information for the Elantra comes up. What i do see on the car inside the housing is the canister. next to the housing in a bracket is the leak detection pump. I must be missing something. Any help with where it is located and some pictures, or a link to some, would be great. Thank you for the help!

Old 07-23-2017, 07:46 AM

Yeah, it is annoying when you search for your car and get other car results.
But, from what I understand, the vent valve should be near the charcoal canister.
I know that is no help. Sorry.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:46 AM

I dropped the canister assembly at the back of the car. All there is inside is the canister and the air filter attached to it. i do not see a vapor vent valve as seen in the Elantra video. I was hoping it was the same setup but apparently not. Im going to change out some of the old rubber hoses and put it back in. I looked over the engine compartment and under the hood and do not see anything that looks like the part i have so who knows. I guess I will need to contact the dealer. Thanks anyways!

Old 07-23-2017, 11:22 AM

That really is weird.
The vent valve exhaust air from the charcoal canister
And allows air in when the purge valve opens
Normally open, it closes when the system runs tests to verify the Evap system is working
Could it then be under/in the wheel well near the canister???

Well, hope you get it fixed.
I am dealing with my own P0440 code

Old 07-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Default 05 ACCENT P0441 code

THIS vehicle does not have a vent solenoid as far as I know,the leak detection pump takes over that function am waiting for an electrical manual to see how to test it and the wiring have smoked the system changed the canister and all the hoses still have P0441 code am going to try a new leak detection pump ,changed purge solenoid already and gas cap and filler neck.
will get back with results of this fix ( replace leak detection pump)

Old 07-24-2020, 02:29 PM

2005 Accent with a 1.5 liter DOHC has a vent valve according to parts stores website (Autozone).
Mounted near evap emiss canister.
Dorman Vent valve p/n 911-803

Main causes for P0441 are bad purge valve, cracked charcoal canister, damaged hoses, loose gas cap, pressure sensor
Purge valve is normally close. Applying power and ground will open valve. A pressure sensor tells the ECU if the
pressure is correct or not.
P0441 is incorrect purge flow.
During testing (on some cars) the vent valve is closed and the purge valve is opened to produce a negative pressure.
If the negative pressure reading is not correct then the CEL goes on.

Don't know what issue you are having.
But, good luck. I had to give up on the Elantra.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:01 PM

I'm pretty sure the 2000-2005 Accents with the "Diagnostic Module for Tank Leakage" don't have a vent solenoid or fuel tank pressure sensors.
The pump motor should be mounted on the canister and leak detection checks are determined by the amount of current the pump motor draws. No leaks=hi current.- size of leak amount of current it draws.
It seems a lot of problems are caused by topping off the tank causing liquid gas to get into the charcoal canister and sending the charcoal grains into the lines and valves.
They do ,however, have a solenoid purge control valve located between the intake manifold and canister.
There is supposed to be a modified canister that supposedly prevents this .Either way if loaded with fuel, replacement is required.
Make sure to blow out all the lines and clean the valves.