Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

wirring sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Default wirring sound

I have a wirring sound coming from the left front , wheel bearing was bad and was replaced , noise changes when transmission shifts up and down , in low gear relatively quiet in od very noisy , possible outputshaft bearing ? feedback please ?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:47 AM

Yes, I have had the same issue.
Replace the front axles. These are pretty cheap, about $75 each for the entire pre-assembled unit. (includes the boots too)
It's not very hard to replace them -- there are You Tube videos which show you how to do it.
The only mess is that the transmission oil must be drained and refilled when you take the old axles out...
Did this myself, and it worked fine.
On this car: the wheel bearings and axles must be serviced or you will get all kinds of noises, and the brakes will wear out too fast from the mis-aligned axles (worn out axles).
Once you do that, it should drive good again.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by ampmadscientist
Yes, I have had the same issue.
Replace the front axles. These are pretty cheap, about $75 each for the entire pre-assembled unit. (includes the boots too)
It's not very hard to replace them -- there are You Tube videos which show you how to do it.
The only mess is that the transmission oil must be drained and refilled when you take the old axles out...
Did this myself, and it worked fine.
On this car: the wheel bearings and axles must be serviced or you will get all kinds of noises, and the brakes will wear out too fast from the mis-aligned axles (worn out axles).
Once you do that, it should drive good again.
as it happens once the bearing was installed , after a few hwy runs only because it was my only transportation , the sound went away and i did check the driveshafts , and had it in the trans shop .

Old 08-21-2018, 05:33 AM

The sound goes away because the brakes (disk rotor or pads) are worn down.
The problem is still there, you just don't hear it anymore.
It wears down the brake rotors when the axles or bearings are bad. It cuts a groove into the rotor metal. Then the noise stops.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:31 PM

I'd say to check the rotors and if there isn't any deformation as described above then just leave it alone.
Personally, I have never heard of bad axles making the rotors bad.