Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Accent (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/)
-   -   2012 accent mods (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-accent-16/2012-accent-mods-11146/)

echomatics 07-11-2011 10:55 AM

2012 accent mods

Thought since the 2012 Accent family is growing we should have a MOD section. Not sure if any of you plan on making and changes, small or large if so please share them here for us to all! I know Hyundai has a performance parts website, just not sure if they have any parts for the 2012 Accent.

echomatics 07-13-2011 10:58 AM

Cool video of a 2012 Accent that has tinted windows and is debadge. Think the debadge on the back looks nice. Not sure if this owner of this site or not.

YouTube - ‪2012 hyundai accent‬‏

mrmr256 07-13-2011 09:37 PM

No mods like turbo, CAI, etc. not yet at least. I plan on keeping it stock for a good while though for warranty reasons. Although i periodically check K&N's site for their drop-in filter. I have tint on my 2012, 15% all around.

echomatics 07-13-2011 10:52 PM

No mods like turbo, CAI, etc. not yet at least. I plan on keeping it stock for a good while though for warranty reasons
Hyundai makes parts/performance parts that don't effect the warranty. They only post parts for older models 2011 and under. They don't have any for 2012 models. I hope they do come out with some options in the near future.

Can you share pic's of your 15% tint? Like to see what that looks like ;)

mrmr256 07-13-2011 10:59 PM

Picture that video's tint on the back window but all around (except the front windshield) the car, instead of the just the back two. I'll take more/better pictures after I give it it's first wash. for now, the picture I posted of the front of the car, the black bar on the top side of it is 15% tint, picture that over all the windows.

echomatics 07-14-2011 02:24 PM

Thanks mrmr256!

Have an update from Hyundai Canada about available performance parts from Hyundai:

Thank you for taking the time to write to Hyundai Auto Canada and we apologize for the delay in replying to you.

It is certainly possible for you to get the rims and tires that come with the GLS model for the 2012 Accent. Please contact your local Hyundai dealership in order to get information on the Hyundai Alloy Wheel & Tire Program (Spring 2011) and its pricing. In what regards the performance parts for the 2012 Accent, we do not have a fixed date but they should be available in the near future.

We wish you many years of driving enjoyment in your new Hyundai vehicle!

Sincerely,

Bilingual Customer Relations Coordinator
Hyundai Auto Canada
75 Frontenac Drive,
Markham, ON L3R 6H2

charlesH 07-16-2011 12:10 AM

I'm looking for a outside temp gauge. If anyone finds a good solution please post it.

2012AccentGS 07-16-2011 10:05 PM

First things I would do are...

1. Tint the windows
2. Debadge the trunk of the word Accent and if the (H) comes off maybe that too. That way I could be sneaky since the car looks like it costs a lot more than it does.
3. Get atleast some real rims/wheels instead of steel. I'll save the steelies for winter.
4. Make my own CAI
5. Lowering springs maybe later?
6. A little louder exhaust (NOT bumblebee in a can though) I know it's not gonna sound like a V8 but a little deeper tone would be nice.
7. Is there a sunroof option? I'd like one if there is... There is a TON of headroom without one so I know it will fit.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.

echomatics 07-18-2011 12:08 PM

1. Tint the windows
2. Debadge the trunk of the word Accent and if the (H) comes off maybe that too. That way I could be sneaky since the car looks like it costs a lot more than it does.
3. Get atleast some real rims/wheels instead of steel. I'll save the steelies for winter.
4. Make my own CAI
5. Lowering springs maybe later?
6. A little louder exhaust (NOT bumblebee in a can though) I know it's not gonna sound like a V8 but a little deeper tone would be nice.
7. Is there a sunroof option? I'd like one if there is... There is a TON of headroom without one so I know it will fit.
Good list!
many are the same as mine.

Window Tinting
Wheels and Tires
Fog Lights
Antenna
Exhaust
Maybe a CAI or Short Ram Air
De-badge (Accent on back)

echomatics 07-18-2011 02:55 PM

So was on Ebay and found this:
2012 ACCENT OEM Fog lights/Lamp- 2pcs-Set
Hyundai 2011 2012 ACCENT OEM Fog lights/Lamp- 2pcs-Set | eBay

I have a 2012 Accent GL, without fog lights. Has plastic looking grills in the shape of the fog lights. The guy on Ebay says you take that out and use the connector's and put in the fog lights. Do any of you know if this car would have the wiring behind the plastic covers?